harpcolumn

new Thormahlen Ceili Mor

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories new Thormahlen Ceili Mor

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    kathy-chanik
    Participant

Omigosh, I’m so excited!

Michaela Braveman
    Participant

Hi Kathy,

Wow…, congratulations! Your harp is gorgerous,

unknown-user
    Participant

ooohhhh!!

Janice Hunter
    Participant

Nice harp, but I am getting a Koa Fisher Harp delivered at Somerset.

unknown-user
    Participant

I’m confused – Thormahlen’s only made a couple Ceili’s so far!

Janice Hunter
    Participant

The lady I mentioned has a Ceili not a Ceili Mor.

Michaela Braveman
    Participant

I’d have to agree with Gretchen, in that music clips are not a reliable way to judge the sound. That said, Fisher makes great harps also. My harp teacher has a Fisher, one of his older models and it is just gorgeous.

Maria Myers
    Participant

Janice,

One interesting thing that I found out when I was looking into renting a harp through the Harp Connection:

Michaela Braveman
    Participant

Maria,

Don’t be fooled by this answer! Most harp retailers will tell

Thorms aren’t as sturdy?

Maria Myers
    Participant

All I know is that one of the employees there who handles rentals told me that when they used to rent Thormahlens, they had more problems with them coming back broken than they did with their other brands, so they stopped carrying them.

Michaela Braveman
    Participant

I cannot speak for Harp Connection, but I would definitely take a statement like this with a grain of salt. Just think about it…, why would they recommend something they don’t have and can’t sell you? It’s like going to a Chrysler car dealer and expecting that they will recommend and sell you a Toyota.

My thinking is that with enough abuse, ANY harp can and will break. And since Thormahlen stopped selling through retailers, it makes perfect sense for them to do whatever it takes to sell or rent you one of their own harps. Not sure if I would call that rude…, but definitely a sales technique.

Michaela

Maria Myers
    Participant

“It’s like going to a Chrysler car dealer and expecting that they will recommend and sell you a Toyota.”

kathy-chanik
    Participant

The reason I ordered the Ceili Mor was because I LOVELOVELOVE the Ceili I got in January.

Maria Myers
    Participant

I’m glad that you have (and are getting) a harp that you love.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Topics