unknown-user

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 616 through 630 (of 5,570 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Has anyone tested the new Harpo trolley? #75137
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I know, it’s ridiculously expensive. I’ve had all the frustration I can take with my old cart, though, and I sometimes end up having to move my harp three or four times a week.

    in reply to: Cheap pedal harp? #159699
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hey, I’m no Janos Starker. I don’t claim to own a Stradivarius. but it’s good enough for my needs by a lot, especially considering my budget, i don’t have 10,000 dollars to set aside.

    in reply to: Can a Concert Grand fit into a Nissan Cube car? #150992
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Well, one of the perks of being very old plus a serious packrat is that I often have what I like to call “little treasures” which other folks often refer to as “all that crap” – in any event, I have a pristine LP recorded in 1956 on the Mercury label of Salzedo himself playing all his christmas music

    in reply to: The Chromatina 311 tuner by Zenon #75184
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Are you still looking for one? Any interest in a used Zen-On SQT-363 Chromatina tuner? email me: bloonmpls@aol.com

    in reply to: loaning music #84245
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I think that holding something “hostage” is a great solution.

    in reply to: loaning music #84958
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I think that holding something “hostage” is a great solution.

    in reply to: loaning music #85468
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I think that holding something “hostage” is a great solution.

    in reply to: Joanna Newsom #165867
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hey guys! I just joined this community, and I’m really excited about it 🙂 I love Joanna, and I’m looking for sheet

    in reply to: lever harp vs. pedal harp #145153
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Oh wow I just saw our last post, it’s been a few years.

    in reply to: Cheap pedal harp? #159692
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi, thanks for the advice. At the moment I have a $2000 cello, which is pretty good quality. I’d like to try to get a harp for under that. My very first cellos I rented from my teacher, but the first one I owned was $1400, it was more of a student/beginner’s cello i suppose. Would you say that this is essentially the price range for used harps as well?

    in reply to: sight reading #159750
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thank you so much for your excellent recommendations! This gives me new energy and hope that I will no longer need to memorize everything.

    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi Athy,

    thanks for the information and for sharing your experiences. I will probably get the new camac and will visit Paris soon to try it first.

    I also visited your site and listened the music you played with Camac. It does sound very good. You have a cute little animal too!

    You can hear some of my music and videos at http://www.myspace.com/sallahakkola

    Besos,

    Salla

    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi Tony Morosco,

    thanks so much for your answer, it was helpful and I found some recordings in the internet, including Athy´s. I’ll be visiting Paris soon to try the new Camac…

    Salla

    in reply to: Dry, splitting, cracking, bleeding finger tips #157888
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I am not a harpist but I found your sight because of the dry cracking bleeding finger ordeal. I am an aircraft mechanic that also plays the piano. For the last 7 months ago I suddenly started getting the cracking bleeding fingers. Very painful, sometimes to the point of not being able to use my hands. Just as the cracks would heal new ones would appear. Work was not as bad because I could use latex gloves or work gloves and this aided the peformance of my job. At home the piano was off limits. When I would force myself to play there would be more cracks and blood all over the keyboard. For months I did internet research to find a remedy. Thats how I found you guys. I would try something internal and external for a week or two to see what wouyld work. I spoke to my doctor ( general practitioner ) and he told me that any steroid cortizone would help but slow the healing of the cracks. He said that the healing of any cut or would is an inflammatory process. Steroid creams are anti inflammatory. I tried a bunch of stuff that helped but things never got better. Until now. On a lark I just bought a bottle of Glycerin from Duane Reade. I also bought stuff called Heel. It is a Duane Reade product for cracking heels. For the internal I tried Cod Liver Oil pills. I rub the glycerin on my hands after evry shower and twice a day ( morning/evening). I use the Heel cream once or twice in between. It’s been 8 days and my hands are normal. I saw a difference in two days. I don’t know if the cod liver oil (omega 3)

    in reply to: How to prepare for a Competition #151220
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi Jordan,

    In my opinion, any competition is fair game if it fulfills two requirements

    1. you’re willing to get there (and can afford to do so)

    2. the repertoire is the right level and you don’t hate it

    The length of preparation depends on how much repertoire. I learned 3 pieces for a competition and it took 1 year to get them to the right level. I think it may be a little late to start on any summer 2010 competitions if you don’t already know some of the repertoire, so 2011 may be a good idea. I recommend beginning the pieces as soon as they are released.

    ~Sam

Viewing 15 posts - 616 through 630 (of 5,570 total)