harpcolumn

Joanna Newsom

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Young Harpists Joanna Newsom

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    unknown-user
    Participant

Hello everyone. I just found this website. It’s so

alexander-rider
    Participant

Oh Kelsea. I am completely HEAD OVER HEALS in love with Joanna Newsom!! Check out my blogs and you see!!….

unknown-user
    Participant

That is so amazing!!!

What is your harp story?

I think that Joanna’s music could pretty much make flowers grow. What’s your favourite song??

alexander-rider
    Participant

Well, she’s done a lot of new stuff. I was there the first time she performed ‘Emily’, so I will always love that one. But my very favourite is ‘Sawdust and diamonds’. Its breathtaking! She creates this whole, weird, dramtic soundscape. If you want to hear any of these songs; go here http://www.fromamouth.com/milkymoon/

unknown-user
    Participant

Oh, that is one of my favourite songs!!

I know that website back to front, hahaha but thank you anyways!

You seem to be as obsessive as I am. It’s wonderful to talk with you because most people haven’t even heard of her and it’s such a shame. She is amazing. I am working on creating my own style of playing, like she has done.

Where did you see her?

Aimsy W
    Participant

Oooh! Another Newsom fan! How very exciting.. 🙂

I’m dying to hear her play live – would love to see how it transfers from CD to concert venue! Don’t think she comes over to England very often though 🙁

Her harp parts seem really quite simple, yet hugely effective. I worked out ‘The Sprout and the Bean’ from just watching the video on repeat… You can see the strings quite clearly

unknown-user
    Participant

Hey!

Christine

Yes – I love her!

I think either you like it or you don’t.

Christine

Great opinion!

By the way, if anyone is interested I know a great website where you can get harp transcriptions of sheet music for all of Joanna’s Songs.

Yes.

Christine

I can’t remember the website off by heart but if you send me a email then I’ll have a look in my list of links

Michael H
    Participant

Currently, Joanna is my favorite artist. I hope she releases a new album soonish! But it’ll be hard to top Ys.

I really love the way she plays harp what with all the polyrhythms and such!

Samantha E.

This is the website: http://jnewproject.110mb.com/

Unfortunately, the transcriber took down the music for the meantime. Supposedly it’ll be back soon. If you have any requests, some of his transcriptions are floating around on my computers. If I have what you want I’ll gladly e-mail it to you!

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

Kelsea,

How do you get your computer to highlight text in color?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • The forum ‘Young Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies