Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
unknown-user
ParticipantMr Anderson –
Awesome links and sound!
unknown-user
ParticipantI want to thank everyone for their replies. I found them all very helpful. A special thanks to Brook Boddie for sending me part of his CD so I could hear the sound.
unknown-user
ParticipantThe Limerick looks and sounds good, i’ll think it over. Thank you!
unknown-user
ParticipantThank you, Jennifer
I found the small harp made by Dan McCrimmon, it’s called simply – 26 string Highland Harp, it looks also good as the Merlittle one, but it costs almost 2 times more than the Ravenna 26.
I tried to find some information concerning the levers installed, sizes and weight of Dan McCrimmon’s harp,
unknown-user
ParticipantBernhard-
That could be it, but with my limited knowledge of string physics, I would guess that when one pulls on a string (like just before when one plucks it) the tension and length change would actually cancel each other and it would resonate at the correct pitch the entire time. But, like I said, my knowledge is limited and perhaps you are more qualified to answer such a question. Also, I am not hearing the pitch falling as the sound decays: I can hear two distinct pitches depending on how hard I pluck the string, but they do not decay. Additionally, if your theory was true, I would hear this phenomenon when I pluck other strings, and I do not.
Perhaps the string is creating some strange overtones? I’d rather not change the string, though, until I rule anything else out.
Sam
unknown-user
ParticipantP.S.Just found your email that you have sent to me.For some reason it did not show up before I send you my.But this is a very interesting instrument and if you just in case would like to take a look , please let me know.My email:ezotera777@gmail.com.Thanks.Mark.
unknown-user
ParticipantHi Carl.I have got some picks of the
unknown-user
ParticipantI found another 1950’s recording of duo harp with Salzedo and Lucille Lawrence plus a couple others that you might find interesting – I will leave them over at Mrs. McHugh’s next week when I am in that area, probably Tuesday. I never got email from you so I guess you are using an old one –
December 18, 2009 at 6:54 pm in reply to: What is your other job (if you have one) besides harping? #108668unknown-user
ParticipantI used to work in telecom industry. Now I am an RN in a psychiatric hospital. I have also been a church organist for 40+ years. Studying the pedal harp was a childhood dream that came true this past year for me.
December 18, 2009 at 1:34 pm in reply to: What is your other job (if you have one) besides harping? #108666unknown-user
ParticipantI am a practicing dermatologist and took up the harp about three years ago – I am past the age of retirement but enjoy medicine and wanted to take up an anti-Alzheimer’s project, had always wanted to play the harp..then a friend mentioned that he was studying harp and I Knew that was IT!! We have the most marvelous teacher, patient and kind, and we play along with several other wonderful people in a harp circle for hospitals and community events…so, so lucky! I love my harp(s)!! Why is it we seem to collect them…it has filled that harp-shaped hole in my life.
unknown-user
ParticipantHi Carl.Thank you very much for such a detailed reply. I am not a harp player I play an accustic guitar.I just see an opportunity to make some money may be to buy a better guitar.I can email you some pictures of that harp may be that would give you a little better clue.Please let me know if that is ok and what I would have to pay more attention for.Thanks.
unknown-user
ParticipantHi.Does anybody knows the value of SEBASTIAN ERARD HARP ?.Thanks
unknown-user
ParticipantDear Richard.I am wondering if you have sold your SEBASTIAN ERARD HARP .I have a chance to buy one.Please let me know how much did it go for.Thanks.mark.
unknown-user
ParticipantI have suffered with cracking fingertips for years, and I found “Finger glovers” that allow me to put medication (Neosporin, etc.) on them to encourage healing and work during the day at my regular job, without bandaids etc.
unknown-user
ParticipantThanks, Carl and the others, for your responses. The K2 with the extended shelf does sound nice. I wish I’d known about that option a few months ago when I had one purchased at work for our work harps. I’m going to contact the company and see if we might be able to exchange it for one with a larger shelf.
-
AuthorPosts