unknown-user

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 631 through 645 (of 5,570 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Moving my Prelude Harp #75233
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thank you.

    in reply to: Renting a harp overseas #75237
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thank you, thank you for all of your help!

    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi Rosemary,

    Thank you so much for the information.

    in reply to: Private Party 4 hrs HELP! #151185
    unknown-user
    Participant

    also – remember to move your head around every now and then –

    in reply to: Dull-sounding brass string #159802
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi all!
    I’ve just visited this forum. Happy to get acquainted with you. Thanks.
    __________________
    http://animewatching.com

    in reply to: Harp in College #166552
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi all!
    I’ve just visited this forum. Happy to get acquainted with you. Thanks.
    __________________
    [url=http://animewatching.com]Watch Anime Episodes[/url]

    in reply to: Strings keep popping..help!! #159813
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Well, I do have the string chart that came with my blevins harp. I’m going to order an octave or two from blevins, but I ordered the strings that snapped from dusty strings yesterday. (which was when it happened) However, they said it could take a week or two, so hopefully I have better luck with blevins on monday. I was so scared the rest of the strings would snap, so I loosened them up. Was that a bad idea? I don’t really want to tune anything until I purchase a pick-up.

    in reply to: Strings keep popping..help!! #159811
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I replaced the other strings with fishing line, like you suggested. I’m worried that I’ve probably tuned all the strings too tightly. How would I know if they’re in the correct octave?

    in reply to: Any experience with Electric Harp? #75259
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Oh my, I hadn’t realized there were so many responses. I was sad when there wasn’t any after five days and didn’t think to check the thread.

    Thank you all for the responses! I think I want to go with an solid body electric — I foresee myself living in apartments for the rest of my life, and keeping my instruments on low volume is pretty important to me as I don’t like to disturb others. And I definitely want to play around with all the electric effects, I really want to be able to produce your typical, clean sounding harp tone, but also be able to play like a distorted guitar.

    Jennifer — thanks for looking up the website. I’ve actually found another maker now located in Britain that seems more promising — http://www.selkiestrings.co.uk/travel.html

    unknown-user
    Participant

    Well, they didn’t exactly “say” it was worth shit exactly, but it came down to this…

    I must say that everything Franck Sievert said is the truth! Those Tripletts are indeed heavier than his beautifull Simaril, I chequed it. And the Simarils I have heard on the internet all had indeed a more liquid tone than any Triplett I have heard. And they (Triplets)seem to have a lot of volume so I have heard.

    From what I can hear on the internet, I prefer the Simaril from Franck Sievert over the Triplett sound.

    Oh yes, and he is so great to talk to. He even proposed to send me a small sample of the woods he uses in the Simaril, so I can see for myself how it will look on the harp. Incredible! This alone tells me he cares for his customers.

    If anyone played his harps, please let me know your opinion about them. The problem is they are made on comission, so it is difficult to actually hear or play one like you could do with a Camac, Triplett etc…..

    in reply to: humidity help! #75046
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thanks to all for your help!

    in reply to: Strings keep popping..help!! #159808
    unknown-user
    Participant

    They both broke near the top near the bridge pin. They sounded about right when I played them, especially the one that snapped while it was still in the case. I believe I stretched the first one way too much and thats why it snapped, but I’m not sure why the other one snapped the way it did.

    in reply to: Strings keep popping..help!! #159806
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Sorry I wasn’t clear enough! Only two have popped. But it just really surprised me that one popped while it was in its case. I hadn’t touched it or anything. And yeah, it’s set at 440. I think I’ll go ahead and buy a pick-up while i’m at it. I only plucked a couple strings, but they’re already out of tune again. I’m not going to tune anything, though. I’m afraid that other strings are going to pop as well! I decided to leave it out of it’s case for a couple of days in a corner. No drafts of sunlight. Maybe that might help.

    Is having missing strings causing any kind of stress on any part of the harp without me playing it?

    in reply to: Strings keep popping..help!! #159804
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I’m also wondering. In what position should I rest or not rest my harp? My blevins harp has little legs you can attach to it so it becomes a floor harp. I took them off since they do not fit in the case and I placed the harp upright. Should it be laying down while it is in its case?

    in reply to: NEW HARPIST SEEKS ADVICE! PRETTY PLEASE! #75275
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I bought a 27 string “Jessie” from Louis Creek.

Viewing 15 posts - 631 through 645 (of 5,570 total)