harpcolumn

The Chromatina 311 tuner by Zenon

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories The Chromatina 311 tuner by Zenon

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    mark-andersen
    Participant

Stoney End Harps have them….

http://www.stoneyend.com/download-pricelist.html

unknown-user
    Participant

I was so excited when I saw your response Mark, but unfortunatley they do not carry the model anymore. One of the stores I called was just tuning a guitar with the Chromatina, and he said he would’nt trade it for anything.It’s the only one he’s got. I was like thanks alot……thanks for nothing.:) Still searching in vain…

unknown-user
    Participant

I have been having the worst time trying to find this tuner. I have

called several music stores around the area, harp stores across the

nation, and checked web-site after web-site with utter dismay. E-bay

was also covered. And I called a guy in Japan as well. If anyone can

help me find this tuner, or knows someone that sells them, your help

would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

unknown-user
    Participant

I found one here: http://www.crossroads-music.org/catalog/zen-on_chromatina_331_chromatic_tuner_2859544.htm . If that link doesn’t work, it’s from Crossroads Music. All I did was google “zenon +tuner” so you might have checked there already.

I was wondering, what do you use the tuner for? I do what Method for the Harp says and tune in intervals from middle C. Do you feel that the harp is in “better” tune when you do each note individually like that?

alice-freeman
    Spectator

<>

You can tune a harp just fine tuning in octaves and fifths as mentioned in your book, but if you want to play a large harp (40+

unknown-user
    Participant

That makes sense, I guess. I play a large harp, but I don’t play in orchestras too often. Thanks!

unknown-user
    Participant

I’ve pretty much always used a tuner.I play for a lot of orchestras and accompany different musicians and choirs. It would be a real mess without the use of my tuner. If I’m in a hurry, I sometimes tune in intervals and 5’ths. Or, I also tune the middle octave and then go from there on by ear. My recent Korg tuner died on me. I have had a lot of bad experiences with tuners not working right or not quite getting the notes in perfect tune. I’m not mourning the loss of my tuner since it was never really any good to me. But happy that I can have the one I really want. It’s just so frustrating when you play and your harp is not in perfect tune. Of course, you will never have a perfectley tuned harp, but you come to the point where your tuner is just not helping at all whatsoever. My harp teacher let me borrow her Chromatina tuner for a while, and it’s still the only one I’m really anxious for purchasing. I very much appreciate everyones help and still would graciousley accept anymore suggestions.

laura-palmieri
    Participant

I Got it!!! My search is over!!! I finally got a hold of the maker in Japan, and he told me of a store in America that carrys them. If you are interested in getting one as well, you can visit the web-site, http://www.UnCommonDays.com. Go to what’s new, and the company called Dulcimer Shoppe, Inc. ,in Mountain View,AR can get the tuner for you. All the information is there to get in touch. Thanks everybody!Happy tuning:)

unknown-user
    Participant

Are you still looking for one? Any interest in a used Zen-On SQT-363 Chromatina tuner? email me: bloonmpls@aol.com

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Topics