unknown-user

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 5,570 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: bogus teacher request emails? #85029
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Yes, I take this precaution also. However, if you request notification for certain topics, you may have noticed that when it is sent to you it contains the email

    in reply to: Accompanying a piper #149725
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I have done 3 wedding ceremonies over the years with pipers, one of them with 4 pipers indoors – while I didn’t ever play with them, I can tell you that the volume of sound they generate

    in reply to: John Doe #158824
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Are you a harp technician? Or have you ever worked as a harp technician?

    in reply to: Supplemental teaching methods? #83813
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Dear Shelby,

    You may like to have a chat to your prospective teacher before you embark on purchasing any books. Simply so you do not waste your money. All teachers have preferences with regard to study material depending on their technique and approach to playing. We all have our likes and dislikes too!

    Additionally, if your teacher is aware that you are only having lessons fortnightly (or monthly) she will cater your lesson program for this fact. She will give you enough material to keep you busy for that period of time. So, it may not be necessary to purchase self teaching books.

    So, I would suggest that

    in reply to: Supplemental teaching methods? #84526
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Dear Shelby,

    You may like to have a chat to your prospective teacher before you embark on purchasing any books. Simply so you do not waste your money. All teachers have preferences with regard to study material depending on their technique and approach to playing. We all have our likes and dislikes too!

    Additionally, if your teacher is aware that you are only having lessons fortnightly (or monthly) she will cater your lesson program for this fact. She will give you enough material to keep you busy for that period of time. So, it may not be necessary to purchase self teaching books.

    So, I would suggest that

    in reply to: Supplemental teaching methods? #85036
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Dear Shelby,

    You may like to have a chat to your prospective teacher before you embark on purchasing any books. Simply so you do not waste your money. All teachers have preferences with regard to study material depending on their technique and approach to playing. We all have our likes and dislikes too!

    Additionally, if your teacher is aware that you are only having lessons fortnightly (or monthly) she will cater your lesson program for this fact. She will give you enough material to keep you busy for that period of time. So, it may not be necessary to purchase self teaching books.

    So, I would suggest that

    in reply to: Working with physical limitations… #83753
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Dear Marie,

    As you are moving to Wales, you might like to contact Elinor Bennett. I’m sure

    in reply to: Time for a harpmobile! #107862
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hey everyone,

    Thanks a lot! What about a Subaru Forester? Or a Toyota Sienna? Has any one column loaded a 23 (74″ tall) successfully in either of these minivans? BTW any information about non-column loading won’t suffice – I have to column load.

    ~Sam

    in reply to: choosing a harp #158757
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Oh thanks so much Deb! I just can’t wait!

    in reply to: Renie’s Legende-Pedal NIGHTMARE #156914
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Okay, here’s how I did it:

    assuming your pedals at the beginning

    in reply to: Christmas Music for Lever Harp #107983
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Oh my dad got me Christmas Lullaby as

    in reply to: John Doe #158820
    unknown-user
    Participant

    hmmm. Do you have like

    in reply to: choosing a harp #158755
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I just like screamed out loud when I read this thread! (in a good way!!) Ahhhhhhhh!! (oops I did it again!)

    But really its like the best reason in the whole world to buy a harp that just touches you like that. you are just so lucky and I really really want to be able to choose a harp one day. I love my harp, but i didn’t get to choose it and someday I want a really really special one like yours!

    I really want to go to the World harp congress next year and I’m gonna play every harp i can get my hands on and the Egan is like the first one that I’m gonna play! My dad

    in reply to: Salvi Egan Celtic lever harp #73832
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I love Kim Robertson!!! I love that harp! I am like so jealous of you!

    in reply to: Dip Mus at the Cleveland Institute of Music??? #83827
    unknown-user
    Participant

    hello Natty.

    I am

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 5,570 total)