column

Salvi Egan Celtic lever harp

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Salvi Egan Celtic lever harp

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    deb-l
    Participant

was wondering if anyone has played a Salvi Egan and what your experiences have been.

zoraida-avila
    Participant

The Egan Celtic harp is excellent builded. The sound is clear, very nice tone.

I recommend you this model specially, is better than other Salvi harps.

Regards,

Zoraida

deb-l
    Participant

hi Zoraida, if I had the right place in the house for a full size harp this one would certainly be on my list.

deb-l
    Participant

they had an Egan in the showroom and it the sound is just exactly what I was looking for, felt exactly right.

unknown-user
    Participant

Doesn’t Kim Robertson play an Egan on her more recent recordings?

deb-l
    Participant

yup Highland Heart is on an electroacoustic Egan.

unknown-user
    Participant

I love Kim Robertson!!! I love that harp! I am like so jealous of you!

deb-l
    Participant

LOL Nattie, I am still a little in shock.

nancy-johnson–2
    Participant

I just purchased a gently used Salvi Egan. I love everything about it! And with 38 strings, there is no worry about “running out of strings.” (Previously played a 29-string harp). The Salvi has a great sound in the bass, and yet sweet in the treble. Beautiful tone, well-balanced sound. And a very sturdy harp. A bit heavy to transport, but it came with a case that has wheels attached, so that is a big help. This is a wonderful harp, more string tension than my Rees, but I am very happy with the sound. And yes, Kim Robertson played a Salvi Egan (electroacoustic, I believe) on one of her CD’s. Also just came across a guy by the name of Josep Maria Ribelles. There are a number of clips on youtube showing him playing a Salvi Egan.

frank-pianki
    Participant

I own a Salvi McFall, which was the model that the Egan replaced. It is also a beautiful 38 string Celtic harp. I am currently recovering from shoulder surgery which was not as successful as hoped. Therefore I may be selling my McFall. It would include a brand new custom transport case from Pratt harp, a full set of new strings, dust cover, and cart. The harp was also regulated and inspected by Steve Moss in Oct 2012. If anyone is interested in talking about the McFall let me know. I see my surgeon again next week and will find out whether I will be able to play it again. Frank
    ps. There is a photo and my email address on my profile

I have a Salvi Egan that I got from the Harp Connection. I. love. this. harp. It has a deep, beautiful sound in the lower octaves and is angelic in the upper octaves. It’s very responsive and holds a tune nicely. It’s also very comfortable to play. I can’t recommend it highly enough. It’s a big beautiful harp that’s definitely worth the price.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.