unknown-user

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 4,696 through 4,710 (of 5,570 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: AHS Competition 2005 #167909
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Steven,

    I’m not an “official from the competition,” but I may be able to help. Read the guidelines for submitting a tape. It says all repeats are optional.

    in reply to: Waring Harps…need answers! #68860
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Actually, the Waring harps have a remarkably good sound.

    in reply to: Arpistas Latinos! #166321
    unknown-user
    Participant

    La Agrupaci?n Camer?stica Isolda, en conmemoraci?n del XV? Aniversario de su fundaci?n, convoca el “I Concurso Ib?rico de M?sica de C?mara con Arpa” que tendr? lugar del 19 al 21 de noviembre de 2004 en el Centro Cultural Nicol?s Salmer?n de Madrid, patrocinado por la empresa francesa CAMAC, fabricante de arpas.
    Colaboran la firma espa?ola Mundim?sica y la Junta Municipal del Distrito Chamart?n del Ayuntamiento de Madrid.

    El prop?sito del “I Concurso Ib?rico de M?sica de C?mara con Arpa” es la difusi?n del repertorio camer?stico que incluya al menos un arpa, permiti?ndose asimismo transcripciones editadas.

    Se admite cualquier tipo de arpa, de agrupaci?n y estilo musicales, siempre que se incluya una obra de compositor espa?ol.

    ?Os esperamos!

    me lo mando rosa maria de espania

    in reply to: AHS Competition 2005 #167906
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I really don’t think it should make a difference.

    in reply to: AHS Competition 2005 #167907
    unknown-user
    Participant

    no, I’m asking if any one definetely knows for sure. (as in, any one who’s some sort of “offical” for the competition)

    in reply to: AHS Competition 2005 #167908
    unknown-user
    Participant

    oh, sorry…

    then maybe ask your teacher?

    in reply to: Horngacher harp #146128
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Shalom Julia and hag sameach,

    I had the opportunity to play on a fine Horngacher harp a few year ago and the World Harp Congress in Seattle, Washington. In comparison I found that the harps that have the Zabaleta dampening pedal installed were the best and produced a sound that was of a far higher and richer quality then L&H bests Gold Style 23. I recently purchased a L&H Gold 23 because of the higher cost of Horngacher and the import fee and customs trouble. I would be pleased to see one of those harps in the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra in the future. Perhaps harps like those will find themselves in the Temple Orchestra in the future.
    Best Regards,

    in reply to: How old were you when you started playing the harp? #166193
    unknown-user
    Participant

    My daughter started last year when she was ten.

    in reply to: Harp teacher near Melbourne, Australia #89376
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I have just come across your email so I don’t know if you have already found a teacher. If not, feel free to get in touch with me. I currently have a student vacancy on Tuesdays at my home in Mitcham. If this doesn’t suit I can give you the details of some other harpists.

    All the best,

    Megan

    in reply to: Horngacher harp #146127
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I’ve heard two Horngacher harps played in recitals. They look elegant in a very Prussian sort of way. I wasn’t so impressed with the sound. It was very good up to a point, but didn’t seem to have the strength you may want for symphonic playing. You may also want to check the kind of wood they use and how it will respond to a dry climate. I used to hear that European harps were sometimes made of woods that needed humidity and that they would crack in North America. I don’t know if any of the builders still use such woods, I think larch or fruitwoods may have been the ones. It sounds like they are used to hearing Lyon & Healy. What are the Russian harps like?

    in reply to: salvi angelica #72828
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I say just email Salvi. Honestly, I’ve never heard of that model. But I’m a dork, more or less.

    Best of luck.

    in reply to: LOOKING FOR A HARP RENTAL NEAR LONDON ONTARIO #163707
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I have a 37 string Webster Celtic Harp for rent, out of Windsor,
    ON.

    in reply to: Are you able to get a music degree using a lever harp? #167209
    unknown-user
    Participant

    From folkharp.com, on the “choosing a harp” page.

    “College and University programs are generally geared toward pedal harp; but hark! There is a program for a major in lever harp at the U of Oregon headed by Laura Zaerr, professor of harp.”

    Maybe you could try that?

    in reply to: Complaining neighbours…eek. #167697
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I play the uilleann pipes as well…so the neighbors never complain about my harp
    practicing lol…

    here’s a thought…or rather a philosophy for the situation…

    one icy february when i was complaining that the house was too cold, my mother
    threw me outside without a coat for five minutes and locked the door.

    in reply to: Dry, splitting, cracking, bleeding finger tips #157808
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hello All. My name is Beth and I am not a harpist;>) But the skin on my thumbs, for years, have been cracking, painful and bleeding. I thought at first it was the lighter I used. Nope. I’ve tried many of the things mentioned here, but all I have on hand at the moment is Dr. Scholl’s Pedicure Essentials cracked skin repair cream. Working wonders on the left thumb that is not as bad, and the right thumb is coming along. (I apply and then wrap with waterproof bandage).

    Blessings to all and may we find the best cure soon!

Viewing 15 posts - 4,696 through 4,710 (of 5,570 total)