harpcolumn

How old were you when you started playing the harp?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Young Harpists How old were you when you started playing the harp?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    unknown-user
    Participant

I started playing when I was 26 years old, now I’m 27!

unknown-user
    Participant

I’m another who ‘began in the middle’ – I was 43 when I got my harp,(am now 52). In collage I had a minor in music, & studied piano from about 12.

unknown-user
    Participant

whew!!!! Do I feel OLD!!!! I started at the age of 58 and am now 62! I was always in music. I have 3 older sisters to pick on me if I missed one note.We all took voice lessons and we all had to take piano. I have played these instruments: Clairnet,bell lyer,accordian,piano, and organ.I fiddled around with the violin.

I am now trying to get the harp under my control. At this late date I

unknown-user
    Participant

I started at 15. I was pursuing my Grade 7 ABRSM piano when my teacher who was a harpist cum pianist intorduced to me. She let me jump to Grade 2 straight away. However, now I’m doin my Diploma in Piano Performance and I hope to take Harp back again… Praise God.

unknown-user
    Participant
    amanda-acosta
    Participant

My Dad played paraguayan harp for a long time, and when i was 12 he decided to buy a peddal harp. The minnute I saw it I imediately wanted to play, So i began lessons that same year. Ive now been playing for almost 6 years, and im planning to mayor in music.

unknown-user
    Participant

I started playing when I was 9. I’m now 14, and I plan to major in harp performance in college. It’s such a great instrument, and I don’t know where I’d be without it.

unknown-user
    Participant

Hi, I started playing at age 4, now I am 9yrs old and barely moving on
    to book 2.. I have been learning the Suzuki Method mostly by ear.
    I go to school in Illinois and I am ready for a pedal harp.. I have a
    Folk Harp right now.. My favorite songs are Rustic Dance, Little Playmates, Christmas Day secrets, Gigue, Good Little King Yveot, and
    Adante..I love my harp..

unknown-user
    Participant

Im started playing harp at 6 years old listening the Alfredo Rolando Ortiz paraguayan harp LP’s. In 1987 i got contact with him getting some information,techniques and special effects of the paraguayan harp. Actually I’m 27 years old. Im played in most hotels in P.R

unknown-user
    Participant

I have played the piano all my life, I began playing the harp just 9 months ago…….. I’m 47 years old and feel like I have a new lease on life!

unknown-user
    Participant

I was 12 when I started with the folk harp from Veracruz, Mexico, and I was playing in restaurants at 15. You can see this instrument and hear tracks at my website, http://www.elsondelpueblo.com and you can see the Paraguayan harps that I import and sell at http://www.buenaventurafolkharps.com.
    John Robles
    Ventura, CA

unknown-user
    Participant

My daughter started last year when she was ten.

unknown-user
    Participant

I started plying the harp when I was 12. I am now 20, I play in five local orchestras, and I am majoring in music performance with my harp. I love playing the harp and I hope I never have to give it up!!

Jeralee
    Participant

I started when I was 19.

I was 7 too!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
  • The forum ‘Young Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Topics