harpcolumn

Pilgrim Harp on ebay

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Pilgrim Harp on ebay

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Evangeline Williams
    Participant

I was just coming here to post about this very same issue.

Denise Krasicki
    Participant

I would urge anyone that finds harps, espeically pedal harps on Ebay to move cautiously and gather all the info you can from the seller to make sure it is legit.

Dorian Llywelyn
    Participant

As of now, the ad has been taken down.

Dorian Llywelyn
    Participant

An invitation to be wary. Very wary.

Right now there’s a Pilgrim harp on ebay. I’ve already contacted ebay about

this, and they promised me they’d investigate further.

I sold this harp on ebay over a week ago. The transaction has gone through

without problems, and the harp is on its way to its new owner, who lives in

CA.

The harp in the current ad is actually the same harp I sold. The ad uses my

pics (without my permission) and an edited version of my ad, even down to

claiming that it’s got a ding in the column (as does my old harp) and that it

has been recently checked over by a qualified technician (as was my old

harp).

unknown-user
    Participant

I have a funny story, I bid $800.00 on a L&H pedal harp acouple months ago. The bidding reached $10,000.00 and the harp was sold. A few days later I got an email saying the buyer pulled out and the seller wanted to know if I was interested in the harp. I wrote back and said I only had $1000.00, (I was sure he wouldn’t sell it that cheap) He wrote me back and said I could have it, I was floored !! I couldn’t believe I was getting a pedal harp this cheap. To make the story better I live in Ohio and the harp was in Pennsylvania, about a 4 hour drive. So I told him I would come pick it up and pay for it then. I couldn’t beleive it when I got an email telling me he was in England and I would have to send the money there first, then go pick up the harp. Of course I refused. I guess it’s really true what they say, “If it’s sounds to good to be true…….”

unknown-user
    Participant

I sure am glad I tried to find some information in Google about the ‘Tsinghai Pedal Harp’ and got a link to this site.

Dorian Llywelyn
    Participant

Yep – I’d

Denise Krasicki
    Participant

These scams are multiplying like Easter Bunnies, I’m averaging at least 4 – 6 a day for the used harps we have listed on our classified section and the scammers on EBAY are becoming just as troublesome as well.

Jessica Siegel
    Participant

Hi,

Geri McQuillen
    Participant

This is a little OT, but I occasionally use PayPal for on-line or private purchases, although I have stopped using ebay.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies