unknown-user

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1,576 through 1,590 (of 5,570 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: You might be a harp addict if… #110900
    unknown-user
    Participant

    You might be a harp addict if….

    You finally have the opportunity to purchase the sportscar, but you opt for the minivan because your harp won’t fit in the front seat.

    in reply to: ~Paraguay harp help~! #166786
    unknown-user
    Participant

    VISITE http://www.mangore.com.py

    ARPAS ARTESANALES DE PARAGUAY.

    in reply to: Any male harpists in here? #165598
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Well im 15 years old right now… so i guess that means i’ve played for just a few months under 7 years. I love the harp and I’m so incredibly glad that my parents never let me quit. Trust me its all about liking the music you’re playing haha. I’ve never been harassed or ostricized for playing the harp. Its always been an object of fascination for those around me. In fact most people find it incredibly cool that i play harp… a lot of my friends parents never believed that i played the harp until i told them myself haha. I guess I’m a lucky one for coming from a region that values being different and unique.

    in reply to: Erard Harp with Original Wooden Shipping Case #71403
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi, I am not sure whether you are still looking for the year your Erard
    has been made. The year, sometimes, day, month and year is written on
    the inner base. If

    in reply to: You Tube #104206
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I always have enjoyed Xavier de Maistre play Renie’s Legende, and i just found a video of Josh Layne play Grandjany’s Cadenza in the Handel Concerto. They’re both exquisite.

    in reply to: Anyone name their harps? #105493
    unknown-user
    Participant

    My older pedal hp doesn’t have a name.My Thimothy Storm King was named Cate Blanchett because I performed elizabethan music on the first concert with her.My new Venus,very impressive huge sound,was named Waltraud Meier,my favourite wagnerian singer.

    in reply to: Arpistas Latinos! #166424
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Buenas tardes Amanda

    me gusta lo del foro de arpistas latinoamericanos, yo soy del paraguay y ejecuto el arpa desde niña y mi padre es uno de los mejores fabricantes de arpas paraguayas y guitarras

    in reply to: Fingering question (very basic) #86726
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Ah! Thank you for the answer. My teacher is the Articulation QUEEN!

    in reply to: Sylvia Woods store is moving #110568
    unknown-user
    Participant

    There seems to be some very good deals on demo harps as well.

    in reply to: Sylvia Woods store is moving #110562
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I plan on going to So. Cal. this June,

    in reply to: The most idiotic comments at gigs #145811
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I have a good one. I played at a funeral for a dear friend as a gift to the family-just background music as people were coming in and getting seated. My sister, who is also a harpist, was sitting near the front and heard a lady behind her tell another lady, “That’s a harp. The way she’s playing it is very unusual. They don’t usually pluck the strings, they beat on the soundboard. The harp is really a percussion instrument.”

    I can’t imagine how she got an idea like that! I’ve seen some harpists add a little percussion to their music in that manner, but it’s pretty obvious that they’re playing the strings, too!

    in reply to: Seeking gentle harp music in F or D minor #163004
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Rachmaninoff – Ave Maria – it is a choral piece, however, you can play the piano rehearsal part on the harp – key F and no changes – it is quite lovely and doesn’t seem to be very well known around here –

    in reply to: THe Perfect Harp Car #145271
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Gloria,

    Hi. I drive a ’95 Camry and play a Dusty Strings 36B. Here’s the way I put it in the back seat: column up, I sort of twist it in. I have found that if the harp is slightly tilted outward at the base and at a slight angle, I can just shut the doors securely. I wrap the seatbelt around the base to secure it. If the harp were 1 inch taller I would have a severe problem.

    I have driven many many miles with it in this way and it works perfectly. I also haul clothes, bench, and every other thing I need.

    Hope this helps. :-)

    in reply to: THe Perfect Harp Car #145270
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I recently purchased a Dodge Nitro R/T.

    in reply to: THe Perfect Harp Car #145265
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I checked with my local car geeks and they reckon that the Matrix and non-US Corolla hatches are essentially the same car – same wheelbase measurements, etc – the Matrixes [Matrices? :)] just have a different body kit to make them look more like SUV styling and offer different engine and drive configurations like AWD. The interior dimensions should be the same. (Not trying to be painfully pedantic here, just offering the information in case anyone else outside the US was considering the Corolla.) Looks like I’ll be off to the Toyota dealer for a harp test.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,576 through 1,590 (of 5,570 total)