column

Sylvia Woods store is moving

Home Forums Coffee Break Sylvia Woods store is moving

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Cheryl Z.
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

I just received a postcard today from the harpcenter.

I saw that on the website this week.

unknown-user
    Participant

I plan on going to So. Cal. this June,

Christian Frederick
    Participant

Wow…. sounds like retirement to me. Sylvia has worked very hard for many years. Sylvia and I were raised in the La Crescenta-Montrose-Glendale area and went to the same high school. Just for fun, here’s a link to Sylvia’s (Snyder) high school alumni website posting.

http://www.cvfalcons.com/alumni/classof68mz.html

While we’re reminiscing, here’s a link to my (Voegele) alumni posting.

http://www.cvfalcons.com/alumni/classof73mz.html

I truly miss living in the foothills of Southern California. It’s such a great area.I will miss driving by Sylvia’s store when I visit home.

tony-morosco

Wow, bit of a bummer. I remember back in the early days she was strictly mail order. I guess maintaining regular hours at a brick and mortar store is too expensive. It requires a regular staff that gets paid no matter how good or bad business is.

I did enjoy being able to just drop into the store when I was in the area, which wasn’t all that often. As long as I can still get what I need from her online I guess we should be lucky, but I will miss not being able to just walk in and be able to try out any number of different harps just sitting on the showroom floor.

Cheryl Z.
    Participant

I feel exactly the same way Tony.

harpglo-jean
    Participant

I’m very saddened too that Sylvia’s Glendale store is closing …I only live about 40 minutes away from it (on a slow traffic day) and absolutely loved going up there and trying out all of the different harps, and perusing all the different music book selections and harp-related goodies…..What I’m really sorry about

kay-lister

I visited California a couple years ago and was lucky enough to go to Sylvia’s store.

unknown-user
    Participant

There seems to be some very good deals on demo harps as well.

Christian Frederick
    Participant

I just read online that the last time the Glendale Symphony Orchestra performed was December 2006. Does anyone know what happened to this once thriving orchestra? In fact, it was so popular that there was a spin-off orchestra called Symphony Of The Verdugos. Is it all dead?

Very depressing………………………

Christian Frederick
    Participant

I was just in La Crescenta, and the new Sylvia Woods store is only blocks away from my church (where I got married), so I stopped by to say hello.

unknown-user
    Participant

Christian- I LOVE the photos that you post with your notes. This one makes me feel as though I’m in sunny CA. (Wish I were)!

tonie-ogimachi
    Participant

Great picture, indeed! I haven’t yet figured out how to upload photos to this site. Thanks to anyone who can help me with this!

Tonie

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.