harpcolumn

Erard Harp with Original Wooden Shipping Case

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Erard Harp with Original Wooden Shipping Case

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    carl-swanson
    Participant

The swell doors would be visible on the back of the body. If you can’t see swell doors, then there are no swell doors.

Evangeline Williams
    Participant

The discussion of the Erards lately has brought up something that’s been in the back of my head for awhile.

carl-swanson
    Participant

I think it’s a great idea Evangeline. You should contact Paul Knoke and see what he knows about such databases already in existance. It may be better to expand on an existing site, like one that deals with historical harps, where the information will all be gathered into one place then to have different sites for different antique instrument makes.

unknown-user
    Participant

Has any one compiled a discography of music preformed on Erads?

Evangeline Williams
    Participant

I will most definately contact him.

carl-swanson
    Participant

I didn’t know Wintertur had any harps. Tell me what they’ve got if you go there.

Evangeline Williams
    Participant

When I was there I asked them and they said they did.

Evangeline Williams
    Participant

The Historical Harp Society appears to be doing a survey of historical harps out there (pre 1945).

bernhard-schmidt
    Participant

Just some thoughts for the >swell door<
    I have seen some of the harps with removed >doors< but than it is visible
    by the groove and slot for the pedal at the harp base.

The swell doors have a effect for loudness…but not that much one would expect.
    Other thoughts are going to deep in to mystical speculation.
    The harp body of this harps have only the sound holes at the back, when you close them with the swell doors you just set the vibration inside the harp in to

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

I would love to see what’s on the list, if it exists.

Jerusha

unknown-user
    Participant

Hi, I am not sure whether you are still looking for the year your Erard
    has been made. The year, sometimes, day, month and year is written on
    the inner base. If

unknown-user
    Participant

Dear Denise,

I have a London-made Erard Gothique and would love to know when it was made, but I’m not sure if I’m understanding your instructions correctly.

unknown-user
    Participant

I a-door swell harps.

unknown-user
    Participant

Not sure if anyone is interested – but I saw a Erard harp on ebay.. Its in pretty bad shape – but the column seems to be intact – and many of the original parts (even though damaged) are still there…. Maybe someone could buy this once beautiful instrument and restore it?? If I had the money/repair knowledge – I know I would! Regards!

unknown-user
    Participant

Another listing has appeared on ebay- but for a “erat” harp from the early 1800s.. The harp looks like it needs some TLC – but if anyone is interested in getting this antique and restoring it – thought I’d post the link for you! Kind regards William

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-1800s-HARP-by-J-ERAT_W0QQitemZ250270398667QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item250270398667&_trksid=p3286.m14.l1318

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 66 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies