You might be a harp addict if…

Posted In: Coffee Break

• Participant
    andy-b on #110893

I thought it might be fun to start a thread along the lines of the “You might be a redneck if…” jokes, but pertaining to the harp.

kay-lister on #110894

You’ve got your arms around your harp at 3:00 in the AM instead of your husband.

steven-todd-miller on #110895

You might be a harp addict if you ask the kids to skip a day at Disney World to visit the International Harp Museum.

kay-lister on #110896

Steven, WHERE IS IT?!

Kay

steven-todd-miller on #110897

International Harp Museum http://www.internationalharpmuseum.org/

(I never got there… Mickey won out.)

Participant
    Allison Stewart on #110898

I’m supposed

Participant
    Fairy Reel on #110899

…you alone can hear the harp in the strangest parts of a movie soundtrack. (I swear I heard a glissando in “Dancing With Wolves”, and there is definitely a harp in “What About Bob?”)

…you have a dream to get this great little lap harp and travel the country with it, playing beautiful songs in the Virginia mountains, etc.

I am so now going to the International Harp Museum when the fam hits Orlando in December! Thank you!!

Participant
    unknown-user on #110900

You might be a harp addict if….

You finally have the opportunity to purchase the sportscar, but you opt for the minivan because your harp won’t fit in the front seat.

Participant
    kathy-chanik on #110901

You might be a harp addict if:

jennifer-buehler on #110902

…you skip Mother’s Day to play harp at a Renaissance Festival.

Participant
    Briggsie B. Peawiggle on #110903

You have a secret envelope where you stick every spare dollar towards your next harp.

Your dog has a “harp beddie” near your harp where he curls up every time you practice and knows what the sound of pedals going into flat position sounds like.

Your livingroom has become a “music room” because there is no room for a tv, couch or coffee table in there.

Briggsie

Participant
    unknown-user on #110904

You walk around town and hear people say–“Look! it’s the harp lady!”

Even though you’re single and childless you seriously consider buying a minivan. Your friends think it’s hysterically funny that your first requirement for a new car, over gas economy, looks, and safety, is “Does it fit my harp/s?”

Participant
    Fairy Reel on #110905

…You’re going to be the only student in history who is crossing her fingers for her own minivan on graduation day….

and:

…you’ve figured out you’re “little” brother is the same height as your harp, and you use him as a human measuring tape when buying car/house (got to check those doorways!), etc.

Participant
    katerina on #110906

…when you find yourself

katie-lynch-koglin on #110907

. . . your livingroom and office are both music rooms, and guests have to sleep in the “harp room” since you have no guest rooms.
    . . . your house is under construction and it all revolves around the harp:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.