harpcolumn

You might be a harp addict if…

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break You might be a harp addict if…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    andy-b
    Participant

I thought it might be fun to start a thread along the lines of the “You might be a redneck if…” jokes, but pertaining to the harp.

kay-lister

You’ve got your arms around your harp at 3:00 in the AM instead of your husband.

You might be a harp addict if you ask the kids to skip a day at Disney World to visit the International Harp Museum.

kay-lister

Steven, WHERE IS IT?!

Kay

International Harp Museum http://www.internationalharpmuseum.org/

(I never got there… Mickey won out.)

Allison Stewart
    Participant

I’m supposed

Fairy Reel
    Participant

…you alone can hear the harp in the strangest parts of a movie soundtrack. (I swear I heard a glissando in “Dancing With Wolves”, and there is definitely a harp in “What About Bob?”)

…you have a dream to get this great little lap harp and travel the country with it, playing beautiful songs in the Virginia mountains, etc.

I am so now going to the International Harp Museum when the fam hits Orlando in December! Thank you!!

unknown-user
    Participant

You might be a harp addict if….

You finally have the opportunity to purchase the sportscar, but you opt for the minivan because your harp won’t fit in the front seat.

kathy-chanik
    Participant

You might be a harp addict if:

…you skip Mother’s Day to play harp at a Renaissance Festival.

You have a secret envelope where you stick every spare dollar towards your next harp.

Your dog has a “harp beddie” near your harp where he curls up every time you practice and knows what the sound of pedals going into flat position sounds like.

Your livingroom has become a “music room” because there is no room for a tv, couch or coffee table in there.

Briggsie

unknown-user
    Participant

You walk around town and hear people say–“Look! it’s the harp lady!”

Even though you’re single and childless you seriously consider buying a minivan. Your friends think it’s hysterically funny that your first requirement for a new car, over gas economy, looks, and safety, is “Does it fit my harp/s?”

Fairy Reel
    Participant

…You’re going to be the only student in history who is crossing her fingers for her own minivan on graduation day….

and:

…you’ve figured out you’re “little” brother is the same height as your harp, and you use him as a human measuring tape when buying car/house (got to check those doorways!), etc.

katerina
    Participant

…when you find yourself

. . . your livingroom and office are both music rooms, and guests have to sleep in the “harp room” since you have no guest rooms.
    . . . your house is under construction and it all revolves around the harp:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies