Sonya Wiley

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Performing for mega church #186427
    Sonya Wiley
    Member

    Angela, i’m sitting here with my jaw dropped; i can’t believe there are places like this! i guess i’m very naive!!!!

    in reply to: Harpmobile-Volvos! #185835
    Sonya Wiley
    Member

    Thanks so much for your comments!

    in reply to: Lyon & Healy trade in experiences #185329
    Sonya Wiley
    Member

    From my experience they don’t negotiate! i tried; but I was not trading in. She as much told me they don’t do that.

    in reply to: where to sell unwanted music #184954
    Sonya Wiley
    Member

    You could joing the Yahoo harp list, i’ve sold some there. Or make up a list and have people contact you offline

    in reply to: New Harp #144541
    Sonya Wiley
    Member

    I would post a pic but i don’t see where to add a photo ; it was easy at the old site

    in reply to: Squeaky Harp Strings #142759
    Sonya Wiley
    Member

    Great post, this all makes sense. I wanted to blame it on the strings but then i didn’t squeak when playing at lessons on the same brand.

    in reply to: Harp trolleys carts and dolleys #142621
    Sonya Wiley
    Member

    I have the Harp Trolley from The Harp Shop, I love the large wheels. So far so good!
    You can see it on Youtube.

    in reply to: Squashed Under My Harps #142452
    Sonya Wiley
    Member

    Hi Mia, have you looked at Marta Cook Shut Up And Play-Harp on youtube? She has videos to help you sit properly and relax at the harp. You might want to join her site of the same name. Very helpful videos for everyone!

    in reply to: Washing Covers #141797
    Sonya Wiley
    Member

    Probably putting it in the bathtub with gentle soap and soaking like you would a quilt? I don’t think it would take the extraction of a large washer and my semi-grand cover would not fit in a regular washer anyway.

    in reply to: Forum Migration in Progress #122324
    Sonya Wiley
    Member

    Is the old Amateur Harpist forum still available?

    in reply to: Harp Sighting #113636
    Sonya Wiley
    Member

    I was watching an old Millionaire Listing NY, Michael was showing an apartment and had a harpist come in, sounded great and i believe she was playing a style 15. Fun to see if only briefly!!

    in reply to: Lyon & Healy Style 30 #78300
    Sonya Wiley
    Member

    I love the Style 30 also, and saw a technician working on the soundboard for one in Chicago. Floraleda Sacchi plays Tango on one on youtube; have you seen it? Good luck in your search. I just love all those angles!

    in reply to: PUZZLED #113546
    Sonya Wiley
    Member

    Thankyou so much Hugh!

    in reply to: Affairs of the Harp book? #78107
    Sonya Wiley
    Member

    Oh, he was fabulous, i remember his rendition of Rhapsody in Blue as just wonderful. He was very nice and approachable, we had a crush on his drummer so he called him out so we could talk with him also, lol. It was a great evening.

    in reply to: Ann Hobson Pilot documentary #113516
    Sonya Wiley
    Member

    Her retirement was included; with John Williams discussing writing for her, the performance; ect. I enjoyed it very much!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 70 total)