Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Sonya Wiley
Memberthanks for sharing! My sister and I did the same thing but with Peter Nero(we were piano students) we couldn’t believe he was performing at our local junior college in the artist series around the same time, 1969-70.
Sonya Wiley
Memberwell, darn, they had some when I wrote the post! lol
Sonya Wiley
MemberThanks Sylvia and Patricia for the info!
Sonya Wiley
MemberHope you received it; there’s a “harp hunk” in there; lol!
Sonya Wiley
MemberWell, thanks Sherj; this led me to the Swanson site and other posts, now I have harp lust for a LaScuola!!!! I would love to hear one!!!
Sonya Wiley
MemberI curious about more room in the upper register; i thought they were all about the same; i think i have large hands too and just have to adjust; but i am very new to pedal harps.
Sonya Wiley
Memberyes, thanks, i found this awhile back for piano; but i’m hoping someone will arrange Nothing to Forgive; the chords are gorgeous!
Sonya Wiley
Memberok! looking forward to it even more!!
Sonya Wiley
MemberThankyou!
Sonya Wiley
MemberWow, that’s a lovely sounding harp and only 15 lbs; that must be wonderful. I wonder if they will be at Southeastern Harp in October?
December 14, 2013 at 1:08 pm in reply to: The Nutcracker Suite Philadelphia Orchestra Eugene Ormandy –Harpist? #113307Sonya Wiley
Memberthankyou Janis!
December 5, 2013 at 2:21 pm in reply to: Reasons for mysterious gender imbalance in harp playing…? #113288Sonya Wiley
MemberI’m new to the harp world ; if most harpists are women have you noticed most technicians are men?
Sonya Wiley
MemberHi Deb, I know how you feel; I had to put my harp aside to take care of my mother; that’s just how it had to be. Also my brother had a kidney transplant in January; our sister being the donor; so I know what you’re going through there also; so far so good with both of them . I finally went back to my harp in May after I found a wonderful teacher and I’ve even moved to pedal harp which is a wonderful journey at my age and I’m loving it! Good luck to you and your family!
Sonya Wiley
Memberyes, i had to get used to windows on the Murano; visibility can be an issue; there are some cars out there i don’t know how they see out of; so much to think about and when you have car fever you really need to slow down and think of everything especially on a used car.
Sonya Wiley
MemberKreig, do you have to move the passenger seat forward to fit the harp or can you carry a passenger? I’ve been eyeing the Venza thinking it might be large enough. I love my older Murano but I swear the newer models are smaller but I haven’t measured one.
-
AuthorPosts