Sonya Wiley

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Protecting your hands #113120
    Sonya Wiley
    Member

    Golf gloves might work; i cut my first finger, right hand awhile back and couldn’t play with that hand for like 5 days, now i am more careful in the kitchen you can be sure; i am a older beginning harpist and hate to miss a minute of practice so now i am paranoid when using a knife!

    in reply to: Mid sized harpmobiles? #77603
    Sonya Wiley
    Member

    My brother recently bought a beautiful used Volvo station wagon; i haven’t measured but i think i could get my 15 in there and it being lower than my Murano it would be so much easier. I’ve always loved station wagons since i was a kid; but I do love the crossovers.

    in reply to: Suspicious harp on Ebay #77591
    Sonya Wiley
    Member

    People do swipe photos on ebay ; or they used to; i had it happen to me; had them take it down immediately. I would be leary of bidding on a harp in Spain!

    in reply to: I said yes to the harp! #77267
    Sonya Wiley
    Member

    Here she is at L & H, she arrived on Friday the 13th, 2013 ; i didnt realize the date till I signed the invoice!! I love her so much; but pedals! oh my goodness, but I will do it!

    in reply to: What does this mean? #77347
    Sonya Wiley
    Member

    I tried to google it ; original equipment manufacturer was all I could find but how does that apply?

    in reply to: Portable Harp #77338
    Sonya Wiley
    Member

    Thanks Jimmy for all your info; keep me posted . I will try to bring it up slowly and start buying some octaves.

    in reply to: Portable Harp #77336
    Sonya Wiley
    Member

    Thanks Sarah for the info! i’ll be sure to check the bridge pins; I need to invest in some octaves right away just in case; Atlanta Harp Center is having a sale right now.

    in reply to: Portable Harp #77333
    Sonya Wiley
    Member

    Ok, thanks; i won’t worry about the tuning; yes, we’re hot again here in NW Florida; i was thinking today that the weather might be a factor; i’ll just be patient and be quite surprised when they call!

    in reply to: Painted Style 11 #77287
    Sonya Wiley
    Member

    That picture doesn’t do it justice; you have to see it in person, the Nouveau i mean!

    in reply to: My harp is finally home! #77323
    Sonya Wiley
    Member

    Congratulations Boira! you’re entitled to be totally crazy excited! I’m waiting for my harp , should come this week. Can you post pictures? Have fun on this new journey. 🙂

    in reply to: First tuning a new harp #77293
    Sonya Wiley
    Member

    I’m curious as to why he should expect broken strings in the next few months? i guess i better start ordering strings?

    in reply to: Painted Style 11 #77273
    Sonya Wiley
    Member

    This is a beautiful harp; i forgot to look at the price tag; $34,000? We can dream can’t we!

    in reply to: I said yes to the harp! #77265
    Sonya Wiley
    Member

    Thanks everyone, depending on the weather it should arrive probably week after next. We’re getting the rain again in NW Florida so maybe the temps will stay in the eighties.

    in reply to: Attention!! … all harpists who have Netflix streaming! #112840
    Sonya Wiley
    Member

    Yes, i am going to look at the Chicago line also.

    in reply to: Worst Wedding Ever! #112850
    Sonya Wiley
    Member

    You need some strategies to scare the bejeezus out of kids like that when they come near you; i’m sure some of the guys on here might could help you with that. That’s what’s wrong these days, kids are put on a pedestal when they should be seen and not heard. Maybe some Bill Cosbyisms.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 70 total)