column

Seeking Unchained Melody Arrangement

Home Forums Coffee Break Seeking Unchained Melody Arrangement

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    rod-c
    Participant

Hello:

I am seeking (intermediate) arrangements of Unchained Melody for the pedal harp. I have the one by Paul Baker. Can anyone recommend others?

Thank you,

Rod C.

It’s for lever harp but there’s one in Pop Standards for Lever Harp by Jan Jennings.

Jennifer

rod-c
    Participant

Jennifer:

Thanks. I’ll look into this.

Rod C.

john-strand
    Participant

Hi Rod – well this is one of my all time favorite songs – did you know that it is actually from a 1955 prison movie called “Unchained” – the verse is sung by a guy sitting on a prison cell bunk with his guitar – the B section isn’t sung in the movie – TCM runs it every now and then – the star was Elroy “Crazylegs” Hirsch who was a big football star in the early 50’s – Hy Zaret the composer, died recently – well, there’s your mini history lesson for the day –

Two suggestions – the sheet music arrangement is in G – use that, but transpose it to C – then the only two pedal changes are Bb and Eb in the

rod-c
    Participant

John:

Many thanks for the info. I found the arrangement on http://www.sheetmusicdirect.us

and have downloaded it already. (Only cost $3.95) This song is also one of my all-time favorites. I did not know about the movie! Interesting.

Would love to hear your rendition. Any chance I might find it on youtube now or in the future?

Cheers,

Rod C.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.