paul-wren

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 96 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: E-bay pict. #109826
    paul-wren
    Participant

    Hi Kay, that is interesting. First looking at it, thought it might be Casper Reardon, but I don’t think it is. I am wondering it that is one of Robert Maxwell’s brothers, Abe or Myor Rosen.

    Is a very nice picture, did you bid on it?

    in reply to: Harp Karaoke #109819
    paul-wren
    Participant

    If you can find the music, it is not a hard piece at all to play on the harp. Typical Puccini writing. I just beef it up with bigger chords and arpeggios in the B section.

    in reply to: Harp Karaoke #109818
    paul-wren
    Participant

    Hi Alexander, it is one that I did myself.

    in reply to: Harp Karaoke #109814
    paul-wren
    Participant

    This is interesting. I have had this happen many times in the past because I played songs that people knew. My instinct was to slow down and follow them, that is the accompanist in me I guess.

    A weird one that happened was I was playing before a wedding. I have an arrangement that I did of Chi il bel sogno di Doretta from Pucinni’s La Rondine. Not many people know this beautiful aria, but from behind me, as I was playing, this woman began to sing, what a lovely voice she had! I continued to play and she sang never missing a beat!

    in reply to: Youtube Symphony Audition #110060
    paul-wren
    Participant

    Hi Lynne! I voted for you. Best of luck!

    in reply to: Favorite Christmas Harp Music #161592
    paul-wren
    Participant

    I want to tell everyone about a piece that was brought to me this past holiday season.

    Norman Dello Joio’s The Holy Infant’s Lullaby. It is written for Piano and Medium Voice.

    This is a beautiful work and found that it works very well on the harp. I listen to a recording of it down with a piano, but I think it sounds so much better on the harp. It is not that difficult, probably in the interm area of playing.

    If you have a vocialist looking for something to do with you next season, think about this work.

    in reply to: Flute and harp repertoire ideas. #149496
    paul-wren
    Participant

    YES!!! The Mozetich Sonata is beautiful! I love his work!

    in reply to: Flute and harp repertoire ideas. #149494
    paul-wren
    Participant

    There is a wonderful German composer Gregor Peters-Ray has written a piece for Flute and Harp called Drei Duos (Three Duos) My flutist and I just love this work and you can print a copy for FREE right from his website. He encourges you to do so.

    Here is a link to the page where this work is located

    http://www.copy-us.com/?opus=1246

    in reply to: Who was the harpist in Ricky Ricardo’s orchestra? #104741
    paul-wren
    Participant

    William, I am curious if you ever heard back from the last surviving member, Tony?

    in reply to: Who was the harpist in Ricky Ricardo’s orchestra? #104734
    paul-wren
    Participant

    The lady that I mentioned above, the correct spelling of her name is Maryce R Pickering. She died in Lafayette LA in 1977.

    in reply to: Do you support you local public radio? #110989
    paul-wren
    Participant

    Your right Carl, I gave in a did support them. Even with my neg comments, I have to admit that we are lucky here in Denver to have a 24/7 Classical station and they do support the local arts very well.

    As for internet listening. I love to listen to Beethoven.com out of Hartford Conn. They even take request!

    in reply to: My compositions for harp #163103
    paul-wren
    Participant

    I just copied and pasted the link in the address bar of my browser. Are you getting an error?

    in reply to: My compositions for harp #163100
    paul-wren
    Participant

    Very nice work. Have you ever had a harpist actually play any of them? Nice computer reproduction of the harp too.

    in reply to: Ever have a nightmare involving your harp? #162393
    paul-wren
    Participant

    I have had one of those concert night mares where I am trying to get dressed and get to a concert, running late and when I get there realize that I forgot the harp!

    in reply to: What harp items did Santa bring you? #111799
    paul-wren
    Participant

    Got the new edition of Harps and Harpist. Although I have read it before, it has been very nice to read it again and see what has been updated.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 96 total)