column

What harp items did Santa bring you?

Home Forums Coffee Break What harp items did Santa bring you?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Evangeline Williams
    Participant

I got a tuning key-the longer ergonomic style with a nice indent to place my thumb on and two music books.

B Y
    Participant

I ordered myself a Mina Helwig dolly and am about to order a wooden stand!

I bought myself a leather tuning key holder, a new tuner and some harp books. Santa gave me a beautiful hand-made, hand carved wooden jewelry box and an antique brooch. I also received some money from my in-laws which goes into the harp fund for my 3rd harp. I would like to get a nice harp I can carry from school to school . I teach music in 3 elementary schools and a middle school and I change schools everyday. I would like to have a harp I can keep with me. It needs to have as many strings as possible and needs to be under 20 lbs…..the lighter the better, and needs full levers — preferably Camacs…..but others will be considered. I am saving and expect to have about $2000 by summertime. I plan to go to the AHS Conference here in my city where it is being held and buy something there.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a good harp to meet my requirements? I also need a good padded carry case with it. Thanks!

Merry Christmas!!

Briggsie

barbara-brundage
    Participant

Hi, Briggs. I would look into the Kortier harps. He sure can pack a lot of strings into a small package and they are very nice harps. The Camac Aziliz is another option.

barbara-brundage
    Participant

Should have said I’m not sure if those would fit into your budget. If Stoney End is at the conference, check out their harps too.

Kelly R
    Participant

I got a harp!

unknown-user
    Participant

Christmas brought me my own harp to tune, after not having tuned it for more than two months due to travel : )

paul-wren
    Participant

Got the new edition of Harps and Harpist. Although I have read it before, it has been very nice to read it again and see what has been updated.

Denise Lockamy
    Participant

Lots of new harp music!

A Triplett Christina 🙂 and Cynthia Cathcart’s Alchemy of a Rose CD

Jennifer

janelle-lake
    Participant

New, Warm, Mittens!!

He brought me a fantastic copy of Gene Bianco’s LP “Music for a Summer Evening.” No one records music like that anymore!

lisa-green
    Participant

My teacher gave me a crystal figurine of an angel playing a harp. She’s helping me add to my angel/harp collection!

Lisa

Try a Thormahlen Serenade.

kay-lister

I got the most wonderful surprise in the mail yesterday.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.