harpcolumn

Ever have a nightmare involving your harp?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists Ever have a nightmare involving your harp?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Audrey Nickel
    Participant

I had the most bizarre dream last night.

Ken H.
    Participant

Hi Audrey,

Kelly R
    Participant

Yes, a few weeks ago I did too:

louise-vickerman
    Participant

Just last night in fact!!!! In my dream I was playing a symphony concert in the Salt Lake Tabernacle with chorus performing some nameless piece by Vaughan Williams. My mother-in-law and a childhood friend of my husband’s had come to hear us perform and it was the most awful performance I had ever played, the choir was seriously under rehearsed and all the vocal soloists were sight reading. I arrived on stage right on the downbeat and was desperately trying to tune the harp only to have it change into a folk harp AS I was playing it! It then proceeded to keep falling over because the floor was on a slope, I then noticed I had no chair and I tried to creep off the stage as inconspicuosly as I could to notify the stage manager who I then could not find….

Gotta run and play a concert in Ogden now, hope it wasn’t deja-vu…..

paul-wren
    Participant

I have had one of those concert night mares where I am trying to get dressed and get to a concert, running late and when I get there realize that I forgot the harp!

Audrey Nickel
    Participant

I’ve had similar performance nightmares, but none involving the harp.

Leigh Griffith
    Participant

“I also once had a nightmare in which a pennywhistle I was playing
    turned into a branch of cactus, and then started bleeding (the cactus
    branch, that is…not me).”

Maybe your subconscious was telling you that it didn’t want to play the
    bleedin’ pennywhistle!?

I have a recurrent dream that I’m on my way to class but it’s been so long since I’ve been to classes that I don’t remember where they are and when I do get there I don’t remember what we’re studying.

barbara-low
    Participant

I have lots of dreams with harps in them, and they are all weird. In my latest, my harps turned into horses. One horse was a beautiful palomino with a white blaze.

unknown-user
    Participant

Paul’s reminds me of a concert I wish was a dream, where we arrived with my harp, and everything, but my tuxedo, and it was at Lincoln Center! Fortunately, we got it just in the nick of time.

I’m at a hotel, harp and luggage in tow, for some harp event but I can’t figure out how to check in.

kathy-chanik
    Participant

Omigosh, last night I dreamed my Thormahlen Swan had been painted all green to look like a watermelon, and the soundboard was red with black spots for the seeds.

Audrey Nickel
    Participant

Oh my…a watermelon harp!

unknown-user
    Participant

Just one???

Well.. the most recent dream, that practically used to haunt me every night and haunt me during the day too is of going on stage for an orchestral solo, only to find that a good number of the most needed strings are missing…. Its the same dream that I’v had everynight between 1st Nov till 22nd December.. I’m not kidding…

Generally I dream that I will take the dustcover up in the morning only to find a never ending crack, like the sign we draw for lightning, all along the length of the soundboard… but probably its just my addiction to always having my harp in shape and he fear of anything ever happening to it….

But at the end I believe dreams are a way of showing you the truth about yourself and what is going on in your life…

I love the Thomahlen watermelon! lol.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies