Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
paul-wren
ParticipantHi Brook, Yes I am a Louisiana Boy! An proud of it 🙂 I saw Miss Belew just before Christmas and she is doing well and still going 100 miles per hour! She knows this story very well.
paul-wren
ParticipantI fell in love with the harp my first semester in college. I was majoring in Theory and Composition with a minor in Piano. I had played French Horn all through Middle and High School (I really wanted to learn the Oboe, but the band director said they needed someone on French Horn) So to get Orchestra credits I was playing French Horn
paul-wren
ParticipantThat is a devil of a passage at full tempo. I am getting ready to play this too. This may not work for you, but I left out the bottom note in the right hand, just made it easier for the three fingerd chords in both hands.
paul-wren
ParticipantTry this site http://imslp.org/wiki/Main_Page
The Saints-Saens Fantasie Op124 for Violin and Harp is there, you can find it by the composers name.
paul-wren
ParticipantPearl Chertok’s Ten Past Two is arranged for 3 harps but can be done without the third part. Is very showy.
paul-wren
ParticipantI like the idea of a “coach”, I am currently re-learning the Debussy and I should consider the teacher I am working with as more of a coach. She has been fantasic is bringing out phrasing and dynamics, basically
paul-wren
ParticipantI agree, we should all write to them and I have. Here is an interesting article in the Jerusalem Post
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1256150024011&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull
If you move down after reading, there is another article from the day of the second stage.
paul-wren
Participantlook for a recording by the New England Consvtry Wind Ensemble called Song, Hymns and Portraits
paul-wren
ParticipantRemy placed 3rd and Ina was given 2nd, no first prize was given.
paul-wren
ParticipantListened to the program via the IBA, completely shocked by the outcome!
paul-wren
ParticipantJust found this from this if anyone is interested.
paul-wren
ParticipantHow about Pierre Sancan’s Theme and Variations, think was written in 1975. Love this piece!
paul-wren
ParticipantThis is interesting. First of all, when I have to play 2nd, I request that the 1st and I figure out where we play unison and mark on our music when we will pull the harps back and put down together. Relying on a 1st to know where they are in the music is not always a good thing, especially if you are not familiar with this person. I played 2nd to a really bad harpist once, they were constaintly lost, always came in at the wrong time.We were getting close to an entrance and they never pulled their harp back. I fianlly just pulled my harp back on my
paul-wren
ParticipantAlso this might help to see the keyboard version.
http://imslp.info/files/imglnks/usimg/5/50/IMSLP12247-Handel_-_Passacaglia__alt_.pdf
paul-wren
ParticipantI have always wondered who Tiny was. I was told by my teacher that Tiny was a female. But that was it.
-
AuthorPosts