Leigh Griffith

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 163 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: I’m EXPECTING!!!! #161055
    Leigh Griffith
    Participant

    Beautiful BIG (to me) harp, Pat! I’m sure you will be spending a lot of time together!
    Of course you will have to post pics when it arrives.

    I know it’s late, and it just might be me, but the website says C to C, lowest note is 2.5 octaves below middle C. – ? – Maybe just be a typo – or am I missing something?
    Leigh

    in reply to: Dreem Harps #109648
    Leigh Griffith
    Participant

    The “Perfect Player” harp that would always draw our hands to the correct strings with perfect technique (programmable as to style) and sound just the way we need it to sound at any given time. Concert Grand? no problem. Bray harp? Yup! Wire strung? Great! Celtic? Perfect.

    in reply to: First Harp Lesson Today #161107
    Leigh Griffith
    Participant

    Umm, my teacher and I are both bad that way! When I volunteer at the gallery I bring my harp with me to practice. She started joining me on the days that I work. She joined the board of the organization and has just begun volunteering herself and has asked if I would like to join her on “her” days – with harps, of course!
    :-D
    Leigh

    in reply to: Who is John Doe, vote now! #110001
    Leigh Griffith
    Participant

    I was beginning to think he was the reincarnation of John Doe. Maybe he is….
    Leigh

    in reply to: Say a prayer! #110019
    Leigh Griffith
    Participant

    I hope the boat sale goes through! I’m rooting for you!
    Soooo……whatcha gonna buy?!

    Can’t blame the economy on Obama, Bush and his ilk are the ones who demolished it! Obama is trying to fix it, or at least soften the implosion if it is too late to fix.
    Leigh

    in reply to: To Mr. Sara #110051
    Leigh Griffith
    Participant

    Hi Basel,

    That would be extremely nice of you! I have a broadband connection so there shouldn’t be a problem receiving it.

    Thank-you!
    Leigh

    in reply to: To Mr. Sara #110048
    Leigh Griffith
    Participant

    Thank-you, Denise, for posting that link!

    Basel,
    Beautiful harp and great pictures! Any chance of posting a clip on youtube?

    Leigh

    in reply to: “Smart Harp” #160363
    Leigh Griffith
    Participant

    In the first post on this thread is a link to the site where you can hear Sunita Staneslow playing and it doesn’t have that fingernail sound. Quite nice sound for what it is.
    Leigh

    in reply to: Chatting here ————————————- #109799
    Leigh Griffith
    Participant

    If it goes to Facebook or Myspace or Twitter or any of those types of sites, I will never see it because I refuse to go there. I would participate here as I do with our chapter website, but not one of those big sites where phishers lurk.
    Leigh

    in reply to: If money was no object I would buy…. #102350
    Leigh Griffith
    Participant

    Hi Briggsie,

    Thanks for the explanation! I may be about due, then, since I have over 125,000 on mine…. Yes head gaskets, exhaust systems and ball joints are the biggies on Subes, just part of the package. When you consider that there are other models out there that don’t get the miles out of them that we can get with Subes (I assume Michigan, like Maine, is brutal on cars) the repairs we have to do are worth it. Hubby and I drove to Augusta and back today (4 hours each way) on a verrry washboardy I-95. The frost heaves have arrived with a vengeance!

    I guess it’s been a few years since we had those major jobs done. We never go to the dealer for repairs. We have our favorite one and two man shops for those – cheaper and better quality work overall.

    Levers on the Eve! I haven’t gotten up the courage to drill the holes for the strap buttons on mine yet! Congrats!

    I forgot to add to my dream list that all of that stuff comes after I have spent the month of February with Ro! I will pay her for private lessons and to be my tour guide to Tasmania!

    in reply to: Who is John Doe, vote now! #109968
    Leigh Griffith
    Participant

    Oh, Basel,

    Take a deep breath and realize:
    1. These posts are old.
    2. The folks were using a process of elimination to try to figure out who the odd “john” was and your name was brought up in passing along with a lot of others’ names.
    3. If you notice, there as many or more folks defending you as there are wondering if you were the “john doe” in question.

    Rest assured that most of the folks here value you as a serious contributor to this forum!

    all the best,
    Leigh

    in reply to: If money was no object I would buy…. #102336
    Leigh Griffith
    Participant

    In the meantime, I’m waiting for the head gasket repair on my
    Subaru……it seems the 2.5L engines from ’98 through ’02 have well
    known and documented head gasket failures.

    Okay, you’ve got my attention! I have a 2000 Sube Outback (my 5th Sube, btw). how many miles can I expect out of it before the head gasket goes? Just so you know, I’ve only bought one Sube new (a ’92. We did the head gasket somewhere around 180,000 – 200,000 miles) and had to do head gaskets on it and one other.

    I don’t look forward to it, but like you, can’t buy another car at this time. What I really dread in looking at another car is how they are all jacking the rear ends up in the air (the Outback is higher than I would like, but the lowest I could find). It is a loading nightmare for a short person to use an SUV!

    That said, after paying off all debts and putting aside enough to live on for the next ??? years, I would buy more of the same harp as I have – Triplett Sierra 34 – so I could have one at home, one at each church I play at (2), one at each home (of friends) I practice in (2), and one at the gallery where I volunteer

    in reply to: Is anyone any good at IT things please? #161355
    Leigh Griffith
    Participant

    Hi Georgina,

    I (and my hubby/tech guy) have answered you offline. Hope it helps!
    Leigh

    in reply to: meeting the posters of this forum #110162
    Leigh Griffith
    Participant

    and me!
    Leigh

    in reply to: meeting the posters of this forum #110158
    Leigh Griffith
    Participant

    I’d love to meet you all! If I say, “Especially…” the list would be quite long! I miss Ro and Victor and Esme on here, though. Elizabeth, Carl, Saul, Bernhard, such great advice and suggestions! Not to forget David Ice and his great contributions….

    See?! There I go! You’re all great! Thanks for being there!
    Leigh
    Oops! Can’t forget the “postcard buddies”! ;-)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 163 total)