harpcolumn

I’m EXPECTING!!!!

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists I’m EXPECTING!!!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

I put a deposit on a Webster McFall harp today. Since his workshop is a few minutes from my shop, I’ll have an opportunity to watch it being built and take photos.

A picture of it is here: http://home.comcast.net/~websterstrings/mcfall.html

Is there a special dance for this?????? ’cause I can hardly contain myself!!!

unknown-user
    Participant

elephant tranquilizers can calm you down.
    congrats on the harp.

Geri McQuillen
    Participant

I am so happy for you Pat!

Leigh Griffith
    Participant

Beautiful BIG (to me) harp, Pat! I’m sure you will be spending a lot of time together!
    Of course you will have to post pics when it arrives.

I know it’s late, and it just might be me, but the website says C to C, lowest note is 2.5 octaves below middle C. – ? – Maybe just be a typo – or am I missing something?
    Leigh

Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

The website must be incorrect. The one I saw was “C to C” plus 1. He had the room for an extra low B, so he put it in.

Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

Geri – have you ordered one yet? Do you live in the Detroit area? Perhaps we’ll have to have an event with all the people that have Webster harps…that would include DSO harpest Kirsten Alvine who would put us all to shame!

Bill is going to make mine in mahogany, and yes, I’m going to have it carved. I don’t know with what, exactly. It will be a little while before he can start on it so I have some time to decide.

Congratulations, Pat. You will be very very happy with your new Webster. I absolutely LOVE mine, but you knew that, and you heard it, and yes Kerstin Allvin has a McFall — she was with me when I bought the Cecelia at the AHS last year and loved his harps, and I think she would put just about every harpist I have heard to shame…she has such a beautiful technique and plays so musically….which is why I study with her — and she also happens to be a wonderful teacher.

Back to your Webster…..what levers did you choose to have on yours? I hope I will get to see your McFall when you finally get it home and get a chance to get used to it.

Briggsie

Geri McQuillen
    Participant

Hi Pat,

No, I haven’t ordered yet but I have communicated with Bill by e-mail and know he has a wait time.

Maria Myers
    Participant

Pat,

Congratulations!

I just went to Webster’s website.

Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

I’ve seen that harp (several years ago), and it really is a beauty. Aside of the beauty of his harps, I love the sound. I’ve played many different instruments in my time – everything from trumpet to bass clarinet and many in between (as a teenager I had hopes of becoming a band director) and I’ve always been drawn to those that I can feel vibrations from in my own body. Except the sax – there’s something about the sax that’s just, well, – wrong. (Sorry, sax lovers…) I felt the subtle vibration when I gave the McFall a good, strong base chord (D – Fsharp – D). It felt and sounded so Celtic! I do believe that in a previous life I must have been a Druid…. ;-7

katerina
    Participant

Congratulations!!

McFall was my dream for couple of years, until I realized that I’m rather an early music fan, than folk… I did not buy it when I had a chance to deposit for it. Gorgeous look and sound – really a great idea of to maybe spend more but have the professional harp: that is a strong encouraging moment to study.

Special dance for fact is being danced on the walls and soffite :-)

Chris Asmann
    Participant

Congrats!

If the harp is a McFall, the dance is a Jig or a Reel -you pick.

I have a Madame Cadillac, couldn’t be happier. I would love to have one of his Neo-Irish too, but……

I don’t know how you’re going to stand the wait!

Chris in NY

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.