harpcolumn

First Harp Lesson Today

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists First Harp Lesson Today

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    unknown-user
    Participant

I managed to find a lady who teaches harp.

Audrey Nickel
    Participant

I’m so glad you’ve found a teacher!

Indra Prabowo
    Participant

Hi Fiona. I’ve just had my first harp lesson too last week. I’m quite lucky because as a busy performer my teacher can arrange to give me weekly lessons. Based on my piano lesson experience I can feel that she’ll guide me through the right track. Hopefully you will also have many wonderful times with your teacher!

Bowie

unknown-user
    Participant

I took an instant liking to her.

barbara-brundage
    Participant

>Now I’m about to relearn the piece using the correct hand position

Don’t be discouraged if you find this very hard to do right now, Fiona. It’s usually easier to put those pieces aside and come to them a bit later when what you’ve been doing isn’t so hardwired anymore.

unknown-user
    Participant

It’s a bit like learning to drive.

tony-morosco
    Participant

Oh, we all know where it is going. H.A.S. or better know as Harp Acquisition Syndrome. Incurable and progressive condition.

Sounds like you are taking to your lessons well and have the right attitude about relearning things correctly. The time and patience you put into it now will really pay off for you later on.

Learning the harp is a lifelong journey of interest and enjoyment, but there is no moment more exciting then when you first start. It is almost a magic time. Enjoy.

andy-b
    Participant

Not only is H.A.S. incurable and progressive, it’s also highly contagious.

Audrey Nickel
    Participant

As is the closely related “SAD”: String Acquisition Disorder.

Audrey

Geri McQuillen
    Participant

Yep.

unknown-user
    Participant

I know I’ve caught the harp bug.

Leigh Griffith
    Participant

Umm, my teacher and I are both bad that way! When I volunteer at the gallery I bring my harp with me to practice. She started joining me on the days that I work. She joined the board of the organization and has just begun volunteering herself and has asked if I would like to join her on “her” days – with harps, of course!
    :-D
    Leigh

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies