First Harp Lesson Today

Posted In: Amateur Harpists

• Participant
    unknown-user on #161096

I managed to find a lady who teaches harp.

Participant
    Audrey Nickel on #161097

I’m so glad you’ve found a teacher!

Participant
    Indra Prabowo on #161098

Hi Fiona. I’ve just had my first harp lesson too last week. I’m quite lucky because as a busy performer my teacher can arrange to give me weekly lessons. Based on my piano lesson experience I can feel that she’ll guide me through the right track. Hopefully you will also have many wonderful times with your teacher!

Bowie

Participant
    unknown-user on #161099

I took an instant liking to her.

Participant
    barbara-brundage on #161100

>Now I’m about to relearn the piece using the correct hand position

Don’t be discouraged if you find this very hard to do right now, Fiona. It’s usually easier to put those pieces aside and come to them a bit later when what you’ve been doing isn’t so hardwired anymore.

Participant
    unknown-user on #161101

It’s a bit like learning to drive.

tony-morosco on #161102

Oh, we all know where it is going. H.A.S. or better know as Harp Acquisition Syndrome. Incurable and progressive condition.

Sounds like you are taking to your lessons well and have the right attitude about relearning things correctly. The time and patience you put into it now will really pay off for you later on.

Learning the harp is a lifelong journey of interest and enjoyment, but there is no moment more exciting then when you first start. It is almost a magic time. Enjoy.

Participant
    andy-b on #161103

Not only is H.A.S. incurable and progressive, it’s also highly contagious.

Participant
    Audrey Nickel on #161104

As is the closely related “SAD”: String Acquisition Disorder.

Audrey

Participant
    Geri McQuillen on #161105

Yep.

Participant
    unknown-user on #161106

I know I’ve caught the harp bug.

Participant
    Leigh Griffith on #161107

Umm, my teacher and I are both bad that way! When I volunteer at the gallery I bring my harp with me to practice. She started joining me on the days that I work. She joined the board of the organization and has just begun volunteering herself and has asked if I would like to join her on “her” days – with harps, of course!
    :-D
    Leigh

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.