jessica-wolff

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 602 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Harpists on youtube….. #156677
    jessica-wolff
    Participant

    They’re playing Troubadour I’s in an early video and thereafter Dusty Strings Ravennas.

    in reply to: Getting a style 100 #73041
    jessica-wolff
    Participant

    Good to hear some voices speaking up for ebony! I like it too and would only avoid it if the underlying wood were so beautiful that it would be a shame to cover it up.

    in reply to: Getting a style 100 #73034
    jessica-wolff
    Participant

    The 23 is a very handsome harp, but it looks so naked in natural. At least until a few years down the road, when the white wood starts to turn amber. Any figure the maple has doesn’t show up well in natural either, and any gold-leafing also shows up better on a stained wood.

    in reply to: THe Perfect Harp Car #145313
    jessica-wolff
    Participant

    Wonder what you could get into a 2008 New Beatle? (Yes, that’s what I drive.)

    in reply to: Three used harps for sale #73116
    jessica-wolff
    Participant

    Goodness, Deb! Don’t overlook yourself in your generosity! I agree, brand-new harps don’t clutch at my heart the way older ones do.

    in reply to: Three used harps for sale #73113
    jessica-wolff
    Participant

    Love that model 12.

    More likely they’d scream “Thumbs up!” at me. But you see, I have kid-sized hands, and my thumbs won’t go up any higher.

    in reply to: Oh, Carm……is there something you want to tell us? #158156
    jessica-wolff
    Participant

    I blinked at the color.

    in reply to: You Tube #104238
    jessica-wolff
    Participant

    Addendum: Lizzie is lizlops007 on YouTube. Look her up! She is also on my Favorites list (I am jessyquedens) playing Dussek Sonatina #1, 1st movement.

    in reply to: What’s on your music stand–October 2010 #107467
    jessica-wolff
    Participant

    Yes, and an elderly Troubadour at that! Just like mine!

    in reply to: What’s on your music stand–October 2010 #107465
    jessica-wolff
    Participant

    If you watch Loreena playing “She Moved Through the Fair” on YouTube, you will see that she has a whole bunch of back-up musicians filling in. You don’t, so you may want to take her advice and “get creative.”

    in reply to: Clarenbridge/Triplett Harp reviews? #72965
    jessica-wolff
    Participant

    Other things being equal (but are they ever?), I’d go for a full set of levers. But note that there have been recent reports of Camac levers’ breaking. I can tell you that they move a lot more smoothly than Lovelands.

    in reply to: Camac Clio Straight? #73121
    jessica-wolff
    Participant

    I like straight soundboards.

    in reply to: What’s on your music stand–October 2010 #107456
    jessica-wolff
    Participant

    Deb, I am also practicing “She Moved Through the Fair,” with melody and chords in no particular arrangement. It’s on that Mixolydian page in a book by Sylvia Woods on learning to arrange for the folk harp and I’m using it in part (but I’ve always loved it) as a way to get used to putting hands together again after a long hiatus from harp playing. Start with just playing the chords flat-out in root position, then arpeggiate them, then play in different positions . . .

    in reply to: 3 broken levers : Help! #158140
    jessica-wolff
    Participant

    Pea Cock, I too have heard (from two sources) that Camac levers have a tendency to break.

    in reply to: Ouch! Replaced by a Synthesizer? #149232
    jessica-wolff
    Participant

    Yikes! I spelled /LEN*nee/ two different ways, and me a copy editor!

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 602 total)