Home › Forums › Coffee Break › What’s on your music stand–October 2010
- This topic has 49 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 15 years, 11 months ago by
deb-l.
-
AuthorPosts
-
October 22, 2010 at 7:08 pm #107419
Jerusha Amado
ParticipantHi all!
What are you currently studying/playing?
October 22, 2010 at 8:53 pm #107420deb-l
ParticipantNataliana by Deborah Henson-Conant and Homeward Bound (Marta Keen not Simon and Garfunkle) arranged byAngi Bemiss.
October 22, 2010 at 9:54 pm #107421Jerusha Amado
ParticipantHi Deb,
I also tried playing harp and singing simultaneously–no can do!
October 22, 2010 at 10:19 pm #107422deb-l
ParticipantJerusha, Lets just say I practice singing with harp when no one is home, but it is painful even to my ears!
October 23, 2010 at 1:33 am #107423Saul Davis Zlatkovski
ParticipantI’m running through all kinds of things, thinking about the future. Today I was in love with Deux Pieces by Robert Casadesus, and the Ballade by Damase for harp and strings.
October 23, 2010 at 2:19 am #107424kreig-kitts
MemberOn my stand: Grossi method, Bernard Andres’ Aquatints, Salzedo’s Tiny Tales vol 2.
October 23, 2010 at 2:51 am #107425gorman-jones
ParticipantThe Minstrel’s Adieu to His Native Land – one of my all time favorite pieces! I can’t believe I’m getting to learn it.
October 23, 2010 at 2:57 am #107426Philippa mcauliffe
ParticipantFor me it is Suzuki book 3
October 23, 2010 at 3:25 am #107427brook-boddie
ParticipantJer~
Working through Laurie Rasmussen’s book “The Dawning of the Day” and also Angi Bemiss’ “The Music of Friends.”
October 23, 2010 at 3:32 am #107428jessica-wolff
ParticipantJust getting back into playing and doing it scattershot. Some Christmas carols, since my brother and his wife are coming a month early. Several pieces from Sunita Staneslow, Israeli and Sephardic Jewish. Spagnoletta. Ashokan Farewell. Arranging some songs from a page of Mixolydian tunes. I know, I know: too many things at once. But they are all pieces I once played or was learning. If I haven’t mastered the Christmas carols by mid-November, I’ll play them on guitar.
Re singing: my sister-in-law sings soprano and I sing between alto and tenor, so betwixt us we should be able to cover any key.
October 23, 2010 at 5:19 am #107429Jerusha Amado
ParticipantLovely to hear from all of you!
Deb– I remember learning “Nataliana” about ten years ago–wonderful piece of music!October 23, 2010 at 7:43 am #107430Philippa mcauliffe
ParticipantHi Jerusha (wow, just like the Daddy Long Legs heroine),
My teacher has a xmas concert in her front garden each year.
October 23, 2010 at 12:24 pm #107431Karen Johns
ParticipantJUST now
October 23, 2010 at 2:59 pm #107432renate-kvalsvik
ParticipantRight now it is Passacaglia (Händel), Canon in D (Pachelbel, arr. by Robin Arioto Fickle), and La Source (Hasselmans), which I’m just starting to learn veeeeery slowly.
I’ve promised myself to wait until November before I start practising Christmas music. I don’t want to play my favourite carols too long before Christmas for fear that I might tire of them.October 23, 2010 at 4:07 pm #107433brook-boddie
ParticipantJer~
The Bemiss book is great!
-
AuthorPosts
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.


