harpcolumn

What’s on your music stand–October 2010

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break What’s on your music stand–October 2010

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

Hi all!

What are you currently studying/playing?

deb-l
    Participant

Nataliana by Deborah Henson-Conant and Homeward Bound (Marta Keen not Simon and Garfunkle) arranged byAngi Bemiss.

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

Hi Deb,

I also tried playing harp and singing simultaneously–no can do!

deb-l
    Participant

Jerusha, Lets just say I practice singing with harp when no one is home, but it is painful even to my ears!

I’m running through all kinds of things, thinking about the future. Today I was in love with Deux Pieces by Robert Casadesus, and the Ballade by Damase for harp and strings.

kreig-kitts

On my stand: Grossi method, Bernard Andres’ Aquatints, Salzedo’s Tiny Tales vol 2.

gorman-jones
    Participant

The Minstrel’s Adieu to His Native Land – one of my all time favorite pieces! I can’t believe I’m getting to learn it.

Philippa mcauliffe
    Participant

For me it is Suzuki book 3

brook-boddie
    Participant

Jer~

Working through Laurie Rasmussen’s book “The Dawning of the Day” and also Angi Bemiss’ “The Music of Friends.”

jessica-wolff
    Participant

Just getting back into playing and doing it scattershot. Some Christmas carols, since my brother and his wife are coming a month early. Several pieces from Sunita Staneslow, Israeli and Sephardic Jewish. Spagnoletta. Ashokan Farewell. Arranging some songs from a page of Mixolydian tunes. I know, I know: too many things at once. But they are all pieces I once played or was learning. If I haven’t mastered the Christmas carols by mid-November, I’ll play them on guitar.

Re singing: my sister-in-law sings soprano and I sing between alto and tenor, so betwixt us we should be able to cover any key.

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

Lovely to hear from all of you!
    Deb– I remember learning “Nataliana” about ten years ago–wonderful piece of music!

Philippa mcauliffe
    Participant

Hi Jerusha (wow, just like the Daddy Long Legs heroine),

My teacher has a xmas concert in her front garden each year.

Karen Johns
    Participant

JUST now

renate-kvalsvik
    Participant

Right now it is Passacaglia (Händel), Canon in D (Pachelbel, arr. by Robin Arioto Fickle), and La Source (Hasselmans), which I’m just starting to learn veeeeery slowly.
    I’ve promised myself to wait until November before I start practising Christmas music. I don’t want to play my favourite carols too long before Christmas for fear that I might tire of them.

brook-boddie
    Participant

Jer~

The Bemiss book is great!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies