Home › Forums › Coffee Break › What’s on your music stand–October 2010
- This topic has 49 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 15 years, 11 months ago by
deb-l.
-
AuthorPosts
-
October 27, 2010 at 9:51 pm #107449
vincent-pierce
ParticipantRenate, I’m also working on the Handel Passacaille! It’s a nice piece, a little more difficult than I thought it would be, at least for me. I also have Au Matin by Tournier, Mvt. I of Nadermann Sonata No. 2 (in c minor, I think it’s No. 2), Bochsa Celebres Etudes as well as Conditioning Exercises, Daily Dozen, Prelude for a Drama and Mirage (or should I say, “(Mirage)”) by Salzedo. Also have Persichetti Serenade for flute and harp, ‘O Isis und Osiris’ from Mozart’s Magic Flute (I’m playing it with a tuba) and I’m investigating Nagoya Marimbas by Steve Reich to see if it works for two harps. Could be really interesting. Oh yes, and a slew of orchestra/wind ensemble parts. As you can see I should be in the practice room right now!
Vince
October 28, 2010 at 2:03 am #107450shari-faber
ParticipantL’Egyptienne by Rameau/Renie
October 28, 2010 at 3:46 am #107451gorman-jones
ParticipantJerusha – It’s certainly easier to “dig in” and practice a piece that I already love, but I’m not sure it helps me learn it faster in any way except that I rarely miss my practice time. When I started working on it, it seemed nearly impossible. Now, it’s really coming along.
It’s a real pleasure to read about what all you others are learning and aspire to learn.
October 28, 2010 at 4:06 am #107452Jerusha Amado
ParticipantHi Shari and Gorman,
Shari–“L’Egyptienne” was on my list of pieces that I wanted to learn some day.
October 28, 2010 at 1:47 pm #107453deb-l
ParticipantI just ordered some sheet music by Loreena Mckennitt.
October 28, 2010 at 3:02 pm #107454Jerusha Amado
ParticipantThese are fabulous songs!
October 28, 2010 at 3:21 pm #107455deb-l
Participantthanks Jerusha, I’m happy to hear others enjoy this music too.
October 28, 2010 at 5:59 pm #107456jessica-wolff
ParticipantDeb, I am also practicing “She Moved Through the Fair,” with melody and chords in no particular arrangement. It’s on that Mixolydian page in a book by Sylvia Woods on learning to arrange for the folk harp and I’m using it in part (but I’ve always loved it) as a way to get used to putting hands together again after a long hiatus from harp playing. Start with just playing the chords flat-out in root position, then arpeggiate them, then play in different positions . . .
October 28, 2010 at 6:21 pm #107457kay-lister
MemberRight now I am working on Salzedos Concert Variations on Deck the Halls, his paraphrase on “The First Noel”, his Concert Variation on Adeste Fideles, AND Haendels Passacaille (did Barbara Bs for lever harp).
October 29, 2010 at 10:49 am #107458deb-l
ParticipantJessica, I was disappointed in Loreena’s arrangements, there is very
little left hand work.October 29, 2010 at 12:35 pm #107459jennifer-buehler
MemberThere is a lot of left hand work in Joanna’s book.
October 29, 2010 at 1:19 pm #107460deb-l
ParticipantJennifer, that’s an interesting point.
October 29, 2010 at 3:18 pm #107461Jerusha Amado
ParticipantHi Kay!
What is the “Festival of Trees”?
October 29, 2010 at 4:00 pm #107462kay-lister
MemberHi Jer,
Festival of Trees is a fund raiser for the Hospice in our county.
October 29, 2010 at 4:21 pm #107463Jerusha Amado
ParticipantKay,
Are you taking your pedal or lever to the event?
What an awesome idea! I hope that you have a wonderful time and raise a lot of money!
-
AuthorPosts
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.



