HBrock25

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 365 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Has anyone ever heard of Hummingbird Harps? #148986
    HBrock25
    Participant

    Hi! I used to have one and a boyfriend took it and never returned it.

    in reply to: favorite harp Xmas CD? #107393
    HBrock25
    Participant

    My favorite Holiday CD is Àine Minogue’s “To Warm The Winter’s Night”,

    in reply to: John (Jack) Yule Harps #70386
    HBrock25
    Participant

    Posted by Jack Yule, currently living in southern Colorado

    I am finally back on line, thank you for your patience.

    As the maker of the harps in question, I would like to put in my tuppence worth or two cents worth, depending on which side of the pond you are on. If I had been asked, and I do speak English as well as Scottish, richt weel, I would have said. The spacing of my harp strings is: top range 13 mm, mid range 14mm and bottom range 15 mm. A difference of 2 mm top to bottom can hardly be called exaggerated. No buyer of my harps has ever said this was a problem; this graduated spacing is a common practice

    By the way I did not bring a huge load of Scottish sycamore over with me. It will run out some time. The reason I do not have a website at present is that I am still finishing my house, garage and workshop that I have been building singlehandedly for the past nine years.

    If anybody wants to contact me, I am at johnyuleharps@gmail.com. You may call me at my home at 719-746-2061

    in reply to: looking for a lever Harp teacher in Buffalo, NY area #156099
    HBrock25
    Participant

    Rebecca Roman is a lever harpist and teacher in the Buffalo, NY, area.

    HBrock25
    Participant

    I haven’t but I think this requires a higher level of effort and preparation time. Christmas lullabies aren’t that easy right?

    ______________
    Christmas tree delivery

    in reply to: Three used harps for sale #73111
    HBrock25
    Participant

    This is nice

    Government Auctions

    in reply to: Watership Down score #104558
    HBrock25
    Participant

    Here is something that should start you off:

    http://bit.ly/deY5bO

    Not the exact score, but an arrangement with themes.

    (From http://followkim.blogspot.com/2010/10/let-me-get-this-stright-fiver.html)

    Kim

    in reply to: Meghan harp reputation? #73221
    HBrock25
    Participant

    Hi Shelby M, welcome to the world of harps.

    in reply to: Caryn Wunderlich Gott Rohbock #145611
    HBrock25
    Participant

    I received an E-from my friends Jim and Mischa Doyle, telling me of Caryns’ passing. I am stunned and saddened to learn of this. I met Caryn at her beautiful home in Henderson several years ago. She was a talented musician, lovely Hostess and dedicated to her Family. I sang at her home, for many of her invited guests and friends. She was so very kind and complimentary to me personally. Such a Sweet Spirit, It’s difficult to know she’s gone from this life. Caryn and her Family, are in my Prayers.

    Thank You Caryn, for sharing a small part of your Beautiful self and Life with me. I imagine you playing your Harp among the Angels, and it is Bliss. May God Bless you. Sleep Well.

    in reply to: Harp dresses #144967
    HBrock25
    Participant

    I recently bought a bunch of

    in reply to: Has anyone ever heard of Hummingbird Harps? #148985
    HBrock25
    Participant

    Yes Yes

    At one time I owned 22 HUmmingbirds.

    I have taught around the world.

    I sold most but still have 4.

    2 cherry 2 walnut

    in reply to: what’s your favorite youtube video at the moment? #157361
    HBrock25
    Participant

    I just love watching this video of Fabiola Harper playing Billy Jean by Michael Jackson.

    in reply to: Grade 8 Query #83696
    HBrock25
    Participant

    Dear Jennifer, I am trying to get hold of you to see if you would like to play 3 movements of Britten’s Ceremony of Carols with our choir at Wellington

    in reply to: variation on theme Corelli (La folia) By Mchedelov #149513
    HBrock25
    Participant

    Do you maybe know when was this piece written?

    Thank you in advance 🙂

    in reply to: Any male harpists in here? #165613
    HBrock25
    Participant

    hi there, i am a 15 year old guy and i have been playing harp for over 7 years. i have been made fun of but the people who are not trying to cover for their own masculinity actually encourage me to play. so really its fun to laugh at people who think that you are not masculine to play harp. also its just a fun thing, so yea if you’re afraid dont be, its somthing to be proud of.

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 365 total)