harpcolumn

Conrad Susa’s Carols & Lullabies/Christmas in the Southwest

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Professional Harpists Conrad Susa’s Carols & Lullabies/Christmas in the Southwest

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    rosalind-beck
    Participant

Would anyone who has played this care to comment on the level of difficulty/amount of preparation time required?

Hi Rosalind,

Its a great little set of carols, really enjoyable to play and not very difficult. I would find out tempos if possible. Compared to the usual Britten or Rutter, this is a cake walk. =)
    (Also, be prepared to play the guitar part too, or add in some important things. I had to do this once when unfortunately the guitarist wasn’t reliable)

Enjoy them!

-Marguerite

Lynne Aspnes is the expert on these, not to mention Britten and Argento.

David Ice
    Participant

I’ve done about three or four of them.

HBrock25
    Participant

I haven’t but I think this requires a higher level of effort and preparation time. Christmas lullabies aren’t that easy right?

rosalind-beck
    Participant

Thanks for your advice, everyone!

alishia-joubert
    Participant

This is one of my new favorites. I LOVE it! The harp part isn’t too stressful, and the arrangements are lovely. Have fun with it.

If it isn’t played a lot lately, it was in the past.

I’ve just come across this piece for the first time; it’s lovely. Just wondering if everyone else plays the harmonics as

Fearghal McCartan
    Participant

I’ve just been onto youtube and I agree – it sounds wonderful. Am tempted to see what I can do over here in the UK next year.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies