harpcolumn

Harpists in Santa Barbara?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Professional Harpists Harpists in Santa Barbara?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I am going to be interning in Santa Barbara for the summer and am looking to rent a pedal harp and possibly take a few lessons. I am also looking for housing and thought it would be brilliant if I could find a harpist who was renting out a room short term. That is probably a long shot though and would be happy for any harpist’s info that might rent out harps.

stan-guy
    Participant

This is a folk harp shop in Santa Barbara but I’ll bet they can put you in touch with someone if any such person is around.

harpglo-jean
    Participant

Hi Adrianna,

There is a pedal/lever harpist located in Santa Barbara by the name of Laurie Rasmussen http://www.laurierasmussen.com…It looks like she rents out harps, but not sure she has a pedal harp for rent, but you might want to contact her to find out….good luck!

karen
    Participant

live in Santa Barbara (lucky me!) and lucky you for getting to come for the summer! Folk Mote is a great resource for renting harps (and buying). They have mostly Dusty Stings, Blevins and sometimes a Triplett. It is a small store with a huge heart and fabulous people! Laurie Rasmussen is my teacher and she is quite extraordinary. She teaches privately but uses a small music room at Folk Mote (which happens to be downtown). I’d highly recommend taking some classes with Laurie while you are here. She does own quite a few harps herself and I do believe her website states that she rents out some—but of course, not her major beauties!
    Housing…..of course, Craigslist is always good too. I imagine you know it is a pricey town for renting and owning.

best~
    Karen

PS From your website, it looks like you would want to rent a pedal harp…..you might need to contact Christine Holvick (google her) for that.

Thank you for the info. I will check it out!

HBrock25
    Keymaster

Adrianna, how did things work out?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.