harpcolumn

Fascinating traditional harp video on YouTube

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists Fascinating traditional harp video on YouTube

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Audrey Nickel
    Participant

The middle section is particularly interesting, where you see very close up the differing playing techniques between the traditional Irish and Scottish wire strung harp and the lever harp, and, of course, hear the differing sounds.

Christian Frederick
    Participant

Yes, very fascinating. Thanks for posting!

harpglo-jean
    Participant

Wow! thanks for sharing this “History of the Harp” YouTube series…very interesting and informational! will share it with my harp rings…Thanks Audrey!

Gloria

kreig-kitts

I can’t believe it’s been out there almost two years and I never saw it. I’m making my way through the whole series.

Audrey Nickel
    Participant

My teacher sent me the link.

Audrey Nickel
    Participant

Oops…sorry.

Audrey Nickel
    Participant

I must say, it surprised me a little that she didn’t discuss the two kinds of harps that people today are most likely to see…lever harps and pedal harps.

Karen Johns
    Participant

That is the first time I’ve ever heard a bray harp. Now I know what the buzzing means! It sort of reminds me of an acoustic guitar- very soothing. Nice of you to share these videos- I’ll have to spend some time going through them as well. Cheers!:-)

Karen

Audrey Nickel
    Participant

I thought that Ethiopian lyre was rather cool…kind of like a harp meets a didgeridoo!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.