harpcolumn

Ravenna 26 or FH 26?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists Ravenna 26 or FH 26?

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

Wow!

harpglo-jean
    Participant

Yes, I would…the tone is not plinky, and has alot of depth, and projects very well on both the 36 string Infinity, and the Delight.

I want an infinity!

Dennis McKenzie
    Participant

You know, I just got back to Alaska from a three day stay in Seattle and went to Dusty Strings to see their harps and store. What Fun!!! And found what Aurdrey had to say to be right on. The two harps sound not that different. I would go with the all wood one just because I like the looks better, but just on sound and if I did not have the money the black and white would be just fine. I did find out that my 34 string Catalina(fine line harp)by Triplett

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

Dennis,

What was the wood of the FH34 that you tried?

Dennis McKenzie
    Participant

You know I do not remeber which wood it was. But I did also note that the tension of the strings was less on the Dusty. The Triplett had a fuller sound.

jessica-wolff
    Participant

I noticed exactly the same thing while trying out a Dusty 36 in maple and walnut. The maple harp, besides being brighter, is also 2 lbs heavier.

KarenA
    Participant

Thank you all for your inputs and feedback. I finally received my maple FH26 three weeks ago (mid May) and loving it!

I was able to compare the Ravenna 26 and FH 26 at the Edinburgh Harp Festival last April and Ray Mooers was also there. What luck!

Of course the FH26 sounded fuller and richer, having played them side-by-side. But enjoyed interacting with the main man of Dusty Strings himself and asked him loads of questions. I finalized my choice right there and then!

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

Wonderful news, Karen!

Do you have any photos of your new harp that you could post on the forum?

jean-mac
    Participant

Great purchase.

Audrey Nickel
    Participant

The Ravenna 26, the Allegro 26 and the FH26 are in the same weight class.

Zen Sojourner
    Participant

They are differently constructed.

Audrey Nickel
    Participant

Er…the legs aren’t built into the Allegro.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies