David Ice

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 520 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Hurricane Irene #147470
    David Ice
    Member

    Oh PLEASE, do DO keep us updated on this lovely, thoughtful, selfless bride whose concern is solely for HER special day!

    in reply to: harp after discectomy? #157091
    David Ice
    Member

    I’ve had a discectomy (L3) and also now a double fusion…L3-L4 and L4-5.

    I have had to make some adjustments to playing.

    in reply to: Carol Baum #147448
    David Ice
    Member

    Thank you, Carl, for the news.

    in reply to: Minimum Temperature for Playing Outside #70230
    David Ice
    Member

    I’ve found that at temps below 60F it becomes VERY painful to play…the strings are like knives cutting into your fingers.

    in reply to: SOME PEOPLE!!!! #105712
    David Ice
    Member

    Christian and Carl,

    I will always cherish a comment one harpist made to me (regarding my “thorn n the flesh” harpist mentioned above), to wit:

    “Sometimes God puts people in our lives to remind us how good

    in reply to: SOME PEOPLE!!!! #105707
    David Ice
    Member

    The thing with narcissists, at least for me, is that they broadside me when I least expect it.

    in reply to: SOME PEOPLE!!!! #105698
    David Ice
    Member

    LOL Sylvia!

    in reply to: SOME PEOPLE!!!! #105696
    David Ice
    Member

    Thanks.

    in reply to: Double harp concertos? #166067
    David Ice
    Member

    Here’s the YouTube links to the Double Harp Concerto by Karl Jenkins that Ellie Choate and I performed.

    in reply to: Popped a wire! #105730
    David Ice
    Member

    I had a wire pop while I was playing tea at the Arizona Biltmore Hotel.

    in reply to: SOME PEOPLE!!!! #105693
    David Ice
    Member

    @ Misty….LOL!

    in reply to: Do you remember . . .? #105766
    David Ice
    Member

    My first public performance was at Hollywood Presbyterian Church, playing the Robert Shaw/Robert Russell Bennet “Many Moods of Christmas.”

    in reply to: SOME PEOPLE!!!! #105674
    David Ice
    Member

    LOL Carl…..sometimes you must wonder what sort of music these people have been exposed to!

    in reply to: dumb question #105890
    David Ice
    Member

    thanks Barbara….whew, then I’m not going blind!

    Dave

    in reply to: SOME PEOPLE!!!! #105666
    David Ice
    Member

    I guess, being a guy, I’ve been spared having people come up and hugging me (or other inappropriate touching) but these things always come out of nowhere and I’m literally left speechless!

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 520 total)