unknown-user

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1,096 through 1,110 (of 5,570 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: bursitis (shoulder) #151598
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thank you for the prompt responses.

    in reply to: Proud Father #110199
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Wow Saul

    I have not had the honor of meeting you, but I am

    in reply to: Dodgy String #161452
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Sorry.

    in reply to: Salvi Daphne 40 or Lyon and Healy 85P #161476
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hello,
    I know this is pretty old post I’m reading, but is the L&H 85P harp still for sale?

    in reply to: Are Venus Harps as good as Lyon & Healy? #69284
    unknown-user
    Participant

    In July of 2005 I purchased a chamber harp, Prodigy, from VENUS. Wow! What a great investment. The moment this little harp with the big sound came into my house, I knew I had made the right decision. I’ve compared it to Lyon & Healy and Venus concert and semi-concert grands, and this little Prodigy holds its own amongst the chorus of big names.

    I play three 10-hour days a week at the MSP International Airport. I also do weddings, corporate gigs, etc. I play outdoor gigs in all kinds of nasty weather conditions and have had no problems with the Prodigy. It just keeps on performing and sounds better each day. The soundboard has lifted beautifully; the strings are at just the perfect interval. It is a working instrument and it did take one hard knock resulting in a split crown, but no damage was done to the actual frame of the harp itself. It’s built to notch. The Prodigy weighs only 72 pounds and is so well balanced that this 65-year old lady can easily carry it up the basement steps and slide it into the back of my van without Husband’s offered help. What a great harp for the busy (I mean really busy) performer.

    And, there isn’t a better two-some to deal with than Denise and Wally (and their artisans / technicians) at VENUS. I think Lyon & Healy Harps are wonderful. I have a L & H 17 and truly enjoy the harp. But, that Prodigy is the true Queen. I am so glad I bought a VENUS. It’s my first choice in harps. Thanks to VENUS for producing such a great harp.

    Pat Carlson – Minneapolis, MN

    in reply to: Mid-East MFG #156065
    unknown-user
    Participant

    It’s my first harp and at present my only harp.

    in reply to: Any multi-instrumentalists out there? #155763
    unknown-user
    Participant

    My hubby is laying claim to his PC tonight – since I monopolise it most of the time (evil grin), so if he wants his PC he’ll have to promise to leave me in peace to play my harp

    in reply to: Mid-East MFG #156061
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I think a lot of Middle East and Far East goods have improved a lot over the past year or so (talking about Chinese manufacturing as well and not just harps).

    in reply to: Mid-East MFG #156059
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Interesting thread this as I too have a Paki.

    in reply to: Any multi-instrumentalists out there? #155753
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I find there’s nothing nicer than being able to play an instrument.

    in reply to: Any multi-instrumentalists out there? #155751
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thanks Karen 🙂

    I don’t think you can have too many instruments.

    in reply to: Any multi-instrumentalists out there? #155747
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Ooh!

    in reply to: Any multi-instrumentalists out there? #155744
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I play a few instruments.

    in reply to: Glissando blister #161245
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi Dawn – I’m also practicing glissandi and have a blister on my second finger (right hand)… Somewhere on this site there was a thread which give me the advice to go to a local health / organic / homeopathic store and get a “tincture of myrrh”.. I tried it – and it works for me! I put a few drops on my finger at night – and the next day I can play again… Helps to sooth the blister and form a nice callous.. The guy at the store told me that it is what guitar players use … For a really bad blister – I’ve also had success with “new skin” – that you get in the band-aid section of any drug store… But i only use that before the blister really appears – in other words – when it hasn’t “popped up”… Only when I feel a really nasty one coming… Hope any of this will help you! From one sore finger to another – Cheers!! William

    in reply to: Building a school harp program #85738
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi Kristal,

    I’ve worked with private schools before, it depends on what you’re interested in doing.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,096 through 1,110 (of 5,570 total)