harpcolumn

Any multi-instrumentalists out there?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists Any multi-instrumentalists out there?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Karen Johns
    Participant

I’m currently up to 4- mid-size folk/celtic harp, wire-strung harp, hammered dulcimer, and flute (classical silver and bamboo). I think this is my limit, however, a larger folk/celtic harp and Sweetheart irish whistle sure look tempting…

Karen

unknown-user
    Participant

I play a few instruments.

Karen Johns
    Participant

I think you are right, Fiona. There is always room for another instrument, just not enough time to play them all! :-)

tony-morosco
    Participant

Glad to see I’m not the only glockenspiel player. It was my first instrument in marching band. Then I played the fife and then took up the flute and tin whistle.

I also play piano and both electric and acoustic guitar.

unknown-user
    Participant

Ooh!

Karen Johns
    Participant

Wow Tony!

So do you still play all these instruments? I have you counted at 8 including your harp. Are you also a Music Major by chance?

Karen Johns
    Participant

Fiona,

All you have to do is type in

Karen Johns
    Participant

Whoops-I forgot to add my percussion instruments. For some reason (and I know this is wrong!) I just don’t think of them as an instrument. Probably because I only dabble in them, and haven’t really applied myself to playing them with any sort of proficiency. But I do have a bohdran, a triangle, a tambourine, and various chimes and bells.

unknown-user
    Participant

Thanks Karen 🙂

I don’t think you can have too many instruments.

tony-morosco
    Participant

I still play all but the glockenspiel. Not much call for it.

No, not a music major. I just have been playing one thing or another since I was seven.

unknown-user
    Participant

I find there’s nothing nicer than being able to play an instrument.

ruth-harper
    Participant

I play mountain dulcimer, hammered dulcimer, recorder, harp, and fiddle.

michael-rockowitz
    Participant

Karen,

I may have the record so far, but I’m not sure.

Audrey Nickel
    Participant

Well, I play the lever harp, of course, and have just taken up the wire-strung harp, which I consider a different instrument altogether (shape may be roughly the same, but the technique and sound is totally different).

Audrey Nickel
    Participant

BTW, Karen…the Sweetheart whistle are terrific! I’ve reviewed three of them over the years…their old laminated “Pro,” their new plastic “Pro” and their laminated “Pro” low D.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies