Any multi-instrumentalists out there?

Posted In: Amateur Harpists

• Participant
    Karen Johns on #155743

I’m currently up to 4- mid-size folk/celtic harp, wire-strung harp, hammered dulcimer, and flute (classical silver and bamboo). I think this is my limit, however, a larger folk/celtic harp and Sweetheart irish whistle sure look tempting…

Karen

Participant
    unknown-user on #155744

I play a few instruments.

Participant
    Karen Johns on #155745

I think you are right, Fiona. There is always room for another instrument, just not enough time to play them all! :-)

tony-morosco on #155746

Glad to see I’m not the only glockenspiel player. It was my first instrument in marching band. Then I played the fife and then took up the flute and tin whistle.

I also play piano and both electric and acoustic guitar.

Participant
    unknown-user on #155747

Ooh!

Participant
    Karen Johns on #155748

Wow Tony!

So do you still play all these instruments? I have you counted at 8 including your harp. Are you also a Music Major by chance?

Participant
    Karen Johns on #155749

Fiona,

All you have to do is type in

Participant
    Karen Johns on #155750

Whoops-I forgot to add my percussion instruments. For some reason (and I know this is wrong!) I just don’t think of them as an instrument. Probably because I only dabble in them, and haven’t really applied myself to playing them with any sort of proficiency. But I do have a bohdran, a triangle, a tambourine, and various chimes and bells.

Participant
    unknown-user on #155751

Thanks Karen 🙂

I don’t think you can have too many instruments.

tony-morosco on #155752

I still play all but the glockenspiel. Not much call for it.

No, not a music major. I just have been playing one thing or another since I was seven.

Participant
    unknown-user on #155753

I find there’s nothing nicer than being able to play an instrument.

Participant
    ruth-harper on #155754

I play mountain dulcimer, hammered dulcimer, recorder, harp, and fiddle.

Participant
    michael-rockowitz on #155755

Karen,

I may have the record so far, but I’m not sure.

Participant
    Audrey Nickel on #155756

Well, I play the lever harp, of course, and have just taken up the wire-strung harp, which I consider a different instrument altogether (shape may be roughly the same, but the technique and sound is totally different).

Participant
    Audrey Nickel on #155757

BTW, Karen…the Sweetheart whistle are terrific! I’ve reviewed three of them over the years…their old laminated “Pro,” their new plastic “Pro” and their laminated “Pro” low D.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.