harpcolumn

Proud Father

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break Proud Father

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

I just want to crow that I am the proud father of a five-movement, 17-page brand new Harp Sonata, I believe the longest one ever written for the harp. I don’t know when it will be fully polished, it could take years, but I have the whole thing written out and in a fairly presentable form.

OOps, make that 34- page, 17+ minutes, not 17 pages.

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

How wonderful, Saul!

tony-morosco
    Participant

That is an extremely impressive accomplishment Saul. Congratulations. I hope to have the opportunity some day to hear it performed.

kay-lister

WAY TO GO SAUL!

unknown-user
    Participant

Wow Saul

I have not had the honor of meeting you, but I am

phoebe-powell
    Participant

Wow! Congratulations! I would love to play it some day. Maybe you can come to Calgary and perform it 😉 Do you or are you going to have a recording of it yet?

Christian Frederick
    Participant

Congratulations!

I’m sure lots of us would enjoy the honor of you

I don’t know how likely that is to happen. I have tried to watch people and have it constantly pause, that is not how I’d want to be viewed. I can be seen live in Philadelphia and Minneapolis. It may be we’ll have some video streaming on the festival website, but my concerts were not filmed. Audio, yes.

Thank you, Candace, we should meet up.

I have tried to write for lever and find it difficult. I have a collection of folk songs, but it is big and therefore a lot of work to get ready for publication. I have also found etudes impossible to write as yet. I hope to find my way into them.

I know a fantastic singer who lives in Calgary, a mezzo-soprano named something like Jacqueline Fiedler. I would love to tour more, but travel is hard, and it is really hard to play on unfamiliar harps, or to find ones that are the way I like. It is quite frustrating it is not like it is for pianists with Steinway able to provide pianos where they perform.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.