unknown-user

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1,081 through 1,095 (of 5,570 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Harp masterclass summer 2009 in Europe? #166654
    unknown-user
    Participant

    You might try the

    in reply to: Can Someone Recommend #161424
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thanks Audrey.

    in reply to: Videos of Great Harpists #166671
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I know this thread is 8 months old, but I wanted to bump it, as I have the same question.

    in reply to: Can Someone Recommend #161422
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Guess what?

    in reply to: Can Someone Recommend #161421
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Think one of my favourite John Denver Songs is “Annie’s Song” – probably also the one he is most famous for.

    I saw that when I was looking through Sylvia Woods’ site earlier.

    in reply to: Composition for harp (help needed) #83389
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I meant La Source by Hasselmanns. Who is Zabel?

    I have never been to Cyprus and I don’t know much about music education there, but anyway I can’t tell much anything more either about the situation in Greece. I just know that there aren’t many harpists. Most people here learn the guitar, the piano, the violin or some traditional instrument like bouzouki, Cretan lute etc. Then comes the flute, the cello, the clarinet and the rest of the instruments.

    Personally, I play the piano, the recorder and the cello a bit. I wanted to learn the harp, but didn’t have much time. I might take it up while I will be studying in Germany. The problem will be however acquiring a harp as I know they are expensive. Perhaps, I’ll start with a small lever harp and then buy a real one…

    in reply to: Can Someone Recommend #161419
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I’m in the UK Donna but don’t mind paying for shipping if I can get some nice pieces.

    The tutor books I have are predominantly Scottish, Irish and Welsh although there are some very nice pieces in them, I have to admit to not being a great lover of some of them.

    in reply to: Composition for harp (help needed) #83387
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Sheet music for the harp is difficult to find as well (I’ve asked for it in music shops, but they don’t have any). I have a couple of CDs for solo harp and I also like to watch videos on youtube with music for the harp, but it doesn’t really help me in terms of writing correctly. By the way, my favourite piece is “La Source”. I wish I had the score for it.

    in reply to: Composition for harp (help needed) #83384
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hello, Saul!

    Thank you for your advice!

    The staccato is to be played articulated and separated, not muffled. The repetitious character of many melodic lines was intentional, especially in the beginning of the second section.

    In measure 19, you need an F natural pedal marking. On beat 3-and

    in reply to: Members #110186
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I suppose most of the time I lurk; most everyone here knows more about harps than I.

    in reply to: Composition for harp (help needed) #83380
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi, Mel!

    Strange. I’ve never encountered a problem with box.net. Alternatively you can hear the mp3 here and download the score here. The first link is a site where I used to upload music compositions and the second one is a forum for composers where I have also uploaded the score for feedback. Thanks for your interest. I really hope that those links I provided will work…

    in reply to: Composition for harp (help needed) #83378
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hello Hannah!

    Thank you for listening and looking at the score. I am anxiously awaiting for your advice!

    in reply to: Composition for harp (help needed) #83377
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hello Carl!

    I agree with what you say. The problem is that it is not always easy to find a player of a specific instrument and work with him. I live in Greece and harpists are not many (so far I haven’t met anyone in the conservatories who plays the harp). I composed the piece trying to follow the rules I knew regarding harp composition, but since I don’t play the instrument I am bound to have made mistakes (I am afraid for the playability of the left hand at places. I think however that the pedal changes are ok).

    I would be grateful if you could find some time and look at the score. I am thinking of including it in my portfolio for a university application in Germany so it is crucial for me to have a clear and of course playable score. Thanks!

    in reply to: Harp Emergency! #166662
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hello; you made a post on my topic a few months ago

    in reply to: Wanting To Create My Own Website #157145
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi,

    I would like to recommend you http://www.hpage.com . This website provider is guaranteed for free. It is very easy to create your website there and you have a lot of extras like a guestbook, a forum, backgroundmusic and many more. Moreover you have 300 MB storage space for free and the choice between more than 250 professional design templates.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,081 through 1,095 (of 5,570 total)