unknown-user

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 751 through 765 (of 5,570 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: broken foot- how long before pedalling possible? #151677
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I havent gone through this myself but I know that one of my teacher’s students recently broke her foot and my teacher kept her playing (but I’m not sure if she was using her foot very much) even with the

    in reply to: Restoring an antique harp yourself – dumb idea or not? #75856
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi, I live in Sayre, PA, would you know the closest harp restorer to me?

    in reply to: Fake Books #160249
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Ray Pool has some fake books as well:

    in reply to: Looking at the harp while playing #160277
    unknown-user
    Participant

    re music stand on the right – I remember a Lincoln Center concert some years back and the harpist (I think it was Barbara Allen) had her stand on the right – I wondered if it was something she did all the time, or was necessitated by something in this particular concert –

    in reply to: Highly Requested Pop Songs for Harp #151726
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I haven’t been playing harp gigs lately, but if I were putting together a gigbook, I’d try to add some of the songs listed below. They’re from current movies and of the past ten years or so, should be familiar to a wide range of listeners:
    ( Maybe we can expand this list, there are plenty of others I’ve missed.)

    in reply to: Another Harpmobile Question! #75762
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thanks for the suggestions!

    in reply to: Egan Harp found in NY dumpster! #75900
    unknown-user
    Participant

    And the FACEBOOK Harp Column scooped the Irish Times, and the New York times as well as RTE, the Villager, and all the rest of the papers… membership matters!

    =)

    There is also a facebook group, “A John Egan Harp awakens from a long sleep”

    in reply to: blind student #82523
    unknown-user
    Participant

    What an interesting discussion!

    What do you think, what are the reasons for the harp being one of the main musical instruments taught for the blind musicians? And this since the ancient Egypt, I think. Some people with partly or total blindness once told me, that because of their hearing abilities are so sensitive, some “ordinary” sounds can also

    in reply to: Krumpholtz concertos #151743
    unknown-user
    Participant

    It is a Holtzman harp.

    in reply to: Harpsicle and a few other questions? #159423
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I forgot:

    in reply to: Harpsicle and a few other questions? #159422
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hallo Cassie,
    I think you’re making the right choice both about the harp and about the levers. In general I pretty much agree with your teacher about the full set. Levers make life so much easier but – alas! – they don’t come for free. To start with at least Cs and Fs sounds very reasonable, and the fact that you can easily add the others later on, is very important and lets you take this decision with a lighter heart.
    Good luck on your new journey with the harp, and keep us posted!

    in reply to: Which Pedal Harp to buy!? #71734
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Tim

    Fortunately,I’ve tried 47 Etude before, it is not bad, but I prefer LH personally.

    I suppose if you really need it, you can ask Aoyama directly, they may arrange for you. 

    I’ve just been to Aoyama Harp Tokyo Showroom in the end of July.I tried lots of Aoyama pedal harps there.I really have good impression about Musa and Monarque.Those of them are made of semilar woods according to the store owner.I was so impressed that there is also Extra large body Musa, which is

    in reply to: Harp-friendly neightbours, NOT! #109261
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hallo Chris and thank
    you,

    but I’m afraid my being accommodating doesn’t go that far. It
    stops at saying a polite but clear “No” to her unreasonable
    requests. I know what you mean, though. The point is, her flat is
    right under mine, but my flat has two floors and the harp is
    upstairs, so there’s a whole floor between where I play and her (I
    hope my English is clear enough about this floor thing…). Very
    rarely, I have taken my smaller harp downstairs, so directly above
    her flat. She claims that it doesn’t make any difference whether I play upstairs or downstairs but… my smaller harp is a Camac Bardic 27 nylon strings (very similar to the Ravenna 26)! How loud can it go?? Maybe I should inform Camac about this miracle of sound projection that they have made… 😀

    in reply to: Harp-friendly neightbours, NOT! #109260
    unknown-user
    Participant

    > Is there someone you can report HER to?

    in reply to: Harp-friendly neightbours, NOT! #109259
    unknown-user
    Participant

    > “Oh God, it’s round two of that f*** harp!”
    I’m not so sure I’m
    proud of myself for doing this, but I went inside and got my mountain
    dulcimer and played and sang all five verses of “Wayfaring Stranger,”
    loudly, with the dulcimer only about halfway tuned. After that, there
    was silence on her end.

    Hahahaha that’s the way to go Hanna! I’ll bear this in mind if it happens again 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 751 through 765 (of 5,570 total)