harpcolumn

Looking at the harp while playing

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists Looking at the harp while playing

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    unknown-user
    Participant

re music stand on the right – I remember a Lincoln Center concert some years back and the harpist (I think it was Barbara Allen) had her stand on the right – I wondered if it was something she did all the time, or was necessitated by something in this particular concert –

sherry-lenox
    Participant

Relating to Carl’s post, I think the three months I’ve worked on Bochsa (the book that’s all in Eb) has improved my ability to feel where the strings are a whole lot.

When I began lessons 2 1/2 years ago it drove me crazy that I couldn’t develop finger patterns but the repetition in the Bochsa forces you to do so. It’s not hot fun, but for finger skill acquisition, I love it!

carl-swanson
    Participant

Sherry- thankyouthankyouthankyou!!! You’re exactly right. The Bochsa etudes(any of the sets) are wonderful for developing muscle memory patterns. If only more students and teachers would realize that and use them. They would progress so much faster.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.