Highly Requested Pop Songs for Harp

• Participant
    unknown-user on #151719

I bet, and I think I’ll be looking into some Beetles and Fleetwood for sure.

Participant
    unknown-user on #151720

I definitely like the Gently Weeps suggestion, and I bet Light My Fire just rocks!

Participant
    erin-wood on #151721

“Somewhere My Love” is a classic that is still requested.

patricia-jaeger on #151722

Marie, I find my students are often reading Harry Potter, and seeing the movies.

Participant
    catherine-rogers on #151723

You can purchase two themes in one folder from Harry Potter movies by John Williams from Lyon & Healy at http://www.harp.com. Here’s a link to the music:

http://us.harp.com/info/products/pact_show/id_19397555/

It’s for pedal only and I found them somewhat difficult. One is “Fluffy’s Harp,” the music played by the enchanted harp in the first movie. The other piece is “Hedwig’s Theme.”

helen-rudd on #151724

I am learning Hedwigs theme now. I really like the piece, the pedaling is moderatly difficult but it is was worth learning for the “That’s Harry Potter!” I got from some of the neighobor kids who came over when I was practicing it (I was impressed they recognized it at the time since it in no way sounded like it should have at that point).
    Helen

Camilla Pay on #151725

Thanks Catherine for the link to Harry Potter, that’s a really good idea to have up your sleeve

Participant
    unknown-user on #151726

I haven’t been playing harp gigs lately, but if I were putting together a gigbook, I’d try to add some of the songs listed below. They’re from current movies and of the past ten years or so, should be familiar to a wide range of listeners:
    ( Maybe we can expand this list, there are plenty of others I’ve missed.)

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.