harpcolumn

Highly Requested Pop Songs for Harp

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Professional Harpists Highly Requested Pop Songs for Harp

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    unknown-user
    Participant

I bet, and I think I’ll be looking into some Beetles and Fleetwood for sure.

unknown-user
    Participant

I definitely like the Gently Weeps suggestion, and I bet Light My Fire just rocks!

erin-wood
    Participant

“Somewhere My Love” is a classic that is still requested.

Marie, I find my students are often reading Harry Potter, and seeing the movies.

catherine-rogers
    Participant

You can purchase two themes in one folder from Harry Potter movies by John Williams from Lyon & Healy at http://www.harp.com. Here’s a link to the music:

http://us.harp.com/info/products/pact_show/id_19397555/

It’s for pedal only and I found them somewhat difficult. One is “Fluffy’s Harp,” the music played by the enchanted harp in the first movie. The other piece is “Hedwig’s Theme.”

helen-rudd
    Participant

I am learning Hedwigs theme now. I really like the piece, the pedaling is moderatly difficult but it is was worth learning for the “That’s Harry Potter!” I got from some of the neighobor kids who came over when I was practicing it (I was impressed they recognized it at the time since it in no way sounded like it should have at that point).
    Helen

Camilla Pay

Thanks Catherine for the link to Harry Potter, that’s a really good idea to have up your sleeve

unknown-user
    Participant

I haven’t been playing harp gigs lately, but if I were putting together a gigbook, I’d try to add some of the songs listed below. They’re from current movies and of the past ten years or so, should be familiar to a wide range of listeners:
    ( Maybe we can expand this list, there are plenty of others I’ve missed.)

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies