unknown-user

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 736 through 750 (of 5,570 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: New harp buzzing #75732
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hey Elizabeth,

    The harp goes through phases of buzzing but I think I’ve learned how to ignore it. Maybe it has something to do with the weather? Whatever the case is, it’s doing well now.

    If we find something during my

    in reply to: Boieldieu harp concerto question #151631
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Do you know who publishes the orchestra score and parts to this concerto?
    Thanks!

    in reply to: Is my old Clark Irish Harp still playable? #75335
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thanks for the info! Where did you come across this ad?Do you know what city she originates from?

    in reply to: Are Pakistani Harps still as bad as people say? #160154
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thanks for the comic relief. I have tried again and again to ask people not to beat this poor thread to death anymore and it just won&#39t @#** go away. Please people, I so regret starting this thread now. Can we give it a rest. Thanks for everyone who originally posted for their advice. The irony is that I have little time for harp right now being very busy in a country-rock group as keyboardist and backup and some lead vocals (plus a little fiddle for good measure. PS, yeah Michael, don&#39t ask about Internet starter fiddles).

    in reply to: Is my old Clark Irish Harp still playable? #75333
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thanks for the reply! My husband said if it cost a lot of money to restore you might as well buy a brand-new harp. I kinda agree, but it would be neat to learn to play a harp that had been in my husband’s family. Does anyone know if there is an archive of all the Clark Irish harps or something that would have a record of when it was made? I don’t know if the number was worn off of the plaque or if it never had one. And why it wouldn’t have a number is curious. Anyway, I’m interested in what anyone has to say, and thanks again!

    in reply to: How old were you when you started playing the harp? #166205
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I started when i was in fourth grade, when i was nine…and now i am going into eleventh grade, turning sixteen!! So i have played for almost 7 years…ahh that went by so fast:D haha

    in reply to: Amplifier for L&H Ogden #160223
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Carvin Stage Mate – 4 channels include one specifically for acoustic instruments with bass treble and midrange controls – I use that input for a pickup that is up in the first octave and a second input with a dual pickup for bass and midrange, then blend the two depending on the job – this also lets me add some reverb on the top end – I have two of these units plus extension speakers and have been using them for over 10 years – Carvin only sells from their factory – Carvin.com –
    ( batteries are good for 3 hours on a charge)

    Fourth and fifth octaves do tend to predominate

    in reply to: Rosalie Pratt #160226
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Perhaps this reply is a bit old, but hopefully this will be useful.

    in reply to: Practice hour #160207
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Usually 2-3 hours per day during the summer 🙂 but sometimes only 20 mins during school :(. It varies a lot with my motivation, the pieces I am playing, and how well I am doing. I have certainly practiced at least 5 hours in one day, but there are some days where I don’t practice at all. This inconsistent practice works better for more advanced players because the more advanced you are, the more you can make out of short practice times. I can usually make up for lost time pretty quickly by practicing harder, but when you are still a beginner, this will not do. consistent practice is a must, but only a half hour at the beginning, and later on an hour.

    ~Sam

    in reply to: Amplifier for L&H Ogden #160221
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Karen, where did you get those amplifiers. Do they have a web sight? Thanks to everyone for the help so far.

    in reply to: Advice on renting #160237
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Miami and Ft. Lauderdale are too far for me. I don’t drive and no one I know is willing to drive me atleast an hour away for classes. My mother gave me heck for my piano classes and it was about 25 minutes away.

    Maybe when I learn how to drive but classes aren’t an option for me at the moment. I will maybe look into online classes.

    in reply to: Advice on renting #160233
    unknown-user
    Participant

    All the way down in Hialeah, FL

    in reply to: Advice on renting #160232
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I started on a Salvi Rental two and a half years ago.

    in reply to: Advice on renting #160229
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I tried searching for that too, but a teacher is not possible. They’re possibly maybe 7-9 hours away.

    in reply to: Are Pakistani Harps still as bad as people say? #160141
    unknown-user
    Participant

    The posted contribution about cars and prestanda is one of the most sensible I have read this far on this thread that I stumbled into now in Aug 2009 ;-) I am a harp seller, running a small shop in Sweden (another reply is referring to our web page). The funny thing with the sometimes rude and infected debate about Pakis is that VERY FEW

Viewing 15 posts - 736 through 750 (of 5,570 total)