harpcolumn

Advice on renting

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists Advice on renting

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    unknown-user
    Participant

I have been searching for harps for quite a while now and I’m still very undecisive. I have NEVER played the harp before, although I have played piano for two years and have taken music theory classes. I don’t think that would help me much, but I definitely want a harp with a good range. I’ve been reading that usually 34-36 strings is the way to go.

However, I’m just a student with a less than 20-hour a week job and I don’t have a big budget. I was looking for harps no more than two thousand dollars, but i’ve found that to be very difficult.

I don’t have access to harps anywhere near by. They are atleast 5+ hours away and I do not drive and I don’t have anyone willing to drive that far for me.

So I found an “Aida 34 string” Salvi harp that is available to rent (at harp connection) and costs 2,100. It’s quite reasonable at $50 a month and I was wondering if anyone had anythin constructive to say about the Salvi harps? Would it be a good harp to start off and last many years with?

Does anyone recommend any other harp with a price within my budget and that is also available for rent?

barbara-brundage
    Participant

If your budget extends to lessons (a very good idea), your best bet is to find a teacher first. They often have harps to rent to their students.

unknown-user
    Participant

I tried searching for that too, but a teacher is not possible. They’re possibly maybe 7-9 hours away.

brook-boddie
    Participant

Yire-

Salvi harps are great harps.

barbara-brundage
    Participant

Where are you located, Yire?

unknown-user
    Participant

I started on a Salvi Rental two and a half years ago.

unknown-user
    Participant

All the way down in Hialeah, FL

barbara-brundage
    Participant

There are dozens of harpists in Miami and Ft. Lauderdale! Just open the yellow pages.

Yire,

Try contacting Dickie Fleischer at http://www.budgetharprentals.net.

barbara-brundage
    Participant
    unknown-user
    Participant

Miami and Ft. Lauderdale are too far for me. I don’t drive and no one I know is willing to drive me atleast an hour away for classes. My mother gave me heck for my piano classes and it was about 25 minutes away.

Maybe when I learn how to drive but classes aren’t an option for me at the moment. I will maybe look into online classes.

Try googling for harp lessons + skype.

barbara-brundage
    Participant

By Miami, I meant “Miami-Dade County.”

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies