harpcolumn

Amplifier for L&H Ogden

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists Amplifier for L&H Ogden

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    unknown-user
    Participant

I am going out to purchase an amplifier and need some advise regarding the type that is suitable for an L&H Ogden. I already have a pick-up. Thanks.

kay-lister

I recently purchased a Laney accoustic amp from Musicians Friend for my Swan.

tony-morosco
    Participant

You will probably want an amp designed specifically for acoustic instruments. Amps are all different and just like picking a harp, it is an individual matter of taste if you like the sound or not. Just remember, an amp colours the sound so be sure you

Karen Johns
    Participant

I have a

unknown-user
    Participant

Karen, where did you get those amplifiers. Do they have a web sight? Thanks to everyone for the help so far.

Karen Johns
    Participant

I actually bought my Crate Taxi on ebay for around $150 USD. I did a google search yesterday and found several sites, one of them is http://www.musiciansfriend.com

Just type in taxi or limo in their search bar. Glad to help!

Karen

unknown-user
    Participant

Carvin Stage Mate – 4 channels include one specifically for acoustic instruments with bass treble and midrange controls – I use that input for a pickup that is up in the first octave and a second input with a dual pickup for bass and midrange, then blend the two depending on the job – this also lets me add some reverb on the top end – I have two of these units plus extension speakers and have been using them for over 10 years – Carvin only sells from their factory – Carvin.com –
    ( batteries are good for 3 hours on a charge)

Fourth and fifth octaves do tend to predominate

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.