Amplifier for L&H Ogden

Posted In: Amateur Harpists

• Participant
    unknown-user on #160217

I am going out to purchase an amplifier and need some advise regarding the type that is suitable for an L&H Ogden. I already have a pick-up. Thanks.

kay-lister on #160218

I recently purchased a Laney accoustic amp from Musicians Friend for my Swan.

tony-morosco on #160219

You will probably want an amp designed specifically for acoustic instruments. Amps are all different and just like picking a harp, it is an individual matter of taste if you like the sound or not. Just remember, an amp colours the sound so be sure you

Participant
    Karen Johns on #160220

I have a

Participant
    unknown-user on #160221

Karen, where did you get those amplifiers. Do they have a web sight? Thanks to everyone for the help so far.

Participant
    Karen Johns on #160222

I actually bought my Crate Taxi on ebay for around $150 USD. I did a google search yesterday and found several sites, one of them is http://www.musiciansfriend.com

Just type in taxi or limo in their search bar. Glad to help!

Karen

Participant
    unknown-user on #160223

Carvin Stage Mate – 4 channels include one specifically for acoustic instruments with bass treble and midrange controls – I use that input for a pickup that is up in the first octave and a second input with a dual pickup for bass and midrange, then blend the two depending on the job – this also lets me add some reverb on the top end – I have two of these units plus extension speakers and have been using them for over 10 years – Carvin only sells from their factory – Carvin.com –
    ( batteries are good for 3 hours on a charge)

Fourth and fifth octaves do tend to predominate

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.