26 string Harp

• Participant
    unknown-user on #74930

Hello everyone!

I want to present f 26 string harp to my wife. She is a guitar teacher and never played the harp, but i know she wants.

I looked throug a lot of harp makers’s web-sites and found 2 harps i ready to buy, byt there is some dilemma in making a decision –

First choice is Dusty Strings’s Ravenna 26,

Second is R Harps’s Merlittle.

I can’t choose because of following: Looking from the side of a person, who knows nothing about the string instruments i like the Merlittle more, it looks better, but i could find the Merlittle only on the web site of the R Harps and even without the price and soud sample, i even couldn’t find out where i can buy additional strings set for Merlittle.

As i see Ravenna is more popular and the Dusty Strings’s harps are sold at many web sites, also their site contains sound sample and other accessories description.

I don’t know which harp to choose. I know that you are all here know much about harps. Can you advice me and pull to the right way.

Thank you in advance!

jennifer-buehler on #74931

I don’t think Rick Rubarth is selling the Merlittle anymore.

Participant
    unknown-user on #74932

Thank you, Jennifer

I found the small harp made by Dan McCrimmon, it’s called simply – 26 string Highland Harp, it looks also good as the Merlittle one, but it costs almost 2 times more than the Ravenna 26.

I tried to find some information concerning the levers installed, sizes and weight of Dan McCrimmon’s harp,

Participant
    Karen Johns on #74933

May I also recommend the 26 string Limerick from Musicmaker’s? It is available in cherry or walnut, with nylon or wire strings. It has a beautiful tone and wonderful projection. You can check out sound clips on Musicmaker’s website- http://www.harpkit.com

Karen

Participant
    unknown-user on #74934

The Limerick looks and sounds good, i’ll think it over. Thank you!

Participant
    Helen-ELizabeth Naylor on #74935

Hi There

Have you considered the Triplett Christina?

http://www.telyn.com

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.