harpcolumn

26 string Harp

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories 26 string Harp

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    unknown-user
    Participant

Hello everyone!

I want to present f 26 string harp to my wife. She is a guitar teacher and never played the harp, but i know she wants.

I looked throug a lot of harp makers’s web-sites and found 2 harps i ready to buy, byt there is some dilemma in making a decision –

First choice is Dusty Strings’s Ravenna 26,

Second is R Harps’s Merlittle.

I can’t choose because of following: Looking from the side of a person, who knows nothing about the string instruments i like the Merlittle more, it looks better, but i could find the Merlittle only on the web site of the R Harps and even without the price and soud sample, i even couldn’t find out where i can buy additional strings set for Merlittle.

As i see Ravenna is more popular and the Dusty Strings’s harps are sold at many web sites, also their site contains sound sample and other accessories description.

I don’t know which harp to choose. I know that you are all here know much about harps. Can you advice me and pull to the right way.

Thank you in advance!

I don’t think Rick Rubarth is selling the Merlittle anymore.

unknown-user
    Participant

Thank you, Jennifer

I found the small harp made by Dan McCrimmon, it’s called simply – 26 string Highland Harp, it looks also good as the Merlittle one, but it costs almost 2 times more than the Ravenna 26.

I tried to find some information concerning the levers installed, sizes and weight of Dan McCrimmon’s harp,

Karen Johns
    Participant

May I also recommend the 26 string Limerick from Musicmaker’s? It is available in cherry or walnut, with nylon or wire strings. It has a beautiful tone and wonderful projection. You can check out sound clips on Musicmaker’s website- http://www.harpkit.com

Karen

unknown-user
    Participant

The Limerick looks and sounds good, i’ll think it over. Thank you!

Hi There

Have you considered the Triplett Christina?

http://www.telyn.com

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.