harpcolumn

What is your other job (if you have one) besides harping?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break What is your other job (if you have one) besides harping?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    unknown-user
    Participant

I am a practicing dermatologist and took up the harp about three years ago – I am past the age of retirement but enjoy medicine and wanted to take up an anti-Alzheimer’s project, had always wanted to play the harp..then a friend mentioned that he was studying harp and I Knew that was IT!! We have the most marvelous teacher, patient and kind, and we play along with several other wonderful people in a harp circle for hospitals and community events…so, so lucky! I love my harp(s)!! Why is it we seem to collect them…it has filled that harp-shaped hole in my life.

janet-daugherty
    Participant

I am a licensed optician in the state of Florida.

unknown-user
    Participant

I used to work in telecom industry. Now I am an RN in a psychiatric hospital. I have also been a church organist for 40+ years. Studying the pedal harp was a childhood dream that came true this past year for me.

barbara-low
    Participant

I’m a backyard chicken wrangler, mom, part time harp repair and admin assistant, and overseer of family finances.

I can take care of chickens for the commune and if we have sheep, can spin and knit/weave/sew garments for everyone.

vince-pierce
    Participant

I am a college student studying music, but I have a job at a fine florist that definitely adds some variety to my life (and a challenge). Oddly enough, I was hired to play for a wedding reception back in August by one of my professors for her niece’s wedding, and then I got hired at the flower shop in October. Turned out we were doing flowers for her wedding as well! I had to switch gears from the tiring setup in the morning to playing my harp in the afternoon. Having to do all that work for the flowers really made me really appreciate being able to sit and play and relax.
    Vince

Simona Millham
    Participant

I train people how to use and sell software and I enjoy technology. I’d make sure that we have Internet access in our commune so we can keep people updated on this column 😉

Allison Stewart
    Participant

I’m a grad student studying the physiology of agricultural crops.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have a MS in biology and I work as a study toxicologist.

michael-steadman
    Participant

I am an Office Manager for a federal labor law office.

David Ice
    Participant

I’m a filmmaker/director/producer of documentaries/industrials/special commission projects for DVD release.

Christian Frederick
    Participant

…. you forgot to mention that you are very, very talented!

renate-kvalsvik
    Participant

I work part-time in a jewellery shop selling gold, diamonds and other beautiful trinkets of various kinds. I am also a full-time student of the Irish (Gaelic) language at the university. That is just for fun, I don’t intend to make a career out of it, it’s just a language that I’ve always wanted to learn. I also write fantasy and hope to be published one day. But playing the harp is my biggest passion 🙂

kathryn williams
    Participant

UK
    Science teacher

Leigh Griffith
    Participant

Fiber Artist (http://www.leighcgriffith.com)
    Just added T’ai Chi to my learning experiences. Life is a fascinating journey!
    Leigh

cynthy-johnson
    Participant

Retired from Executive Director of Business Operations and Marketing for an IT Company; now just provide computer web consulting services on the side for harp friends – other than spending my days harping, teaching and being a CTHP.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Topics