How to deal: Rude Brides

Posted In: Young Harpists

• Participant
    unknown-user on #167967

Ahoy!

Participant
    Alicia D. Strange on #167968

My guess is she reacted shocked and angry because she thought you were trying to rip her off.

Participant
    unknown-user on #167969

thanks alicia! that really ‘hi the nail on the head’ so to speak. I always tend to ‘bote back’ when something offends me and should really learn to take a breath sumtimes ;-) thanks again!

Participant
    unknown-user on #167970

hehe very well put, Alicia! You took the words out of my mouth! (well….in a nicer way! ;-) )

And that bride (sorry to say) is not only rude but seems just a tad bit stupid to me. I mean,
    isn’t it dodgy if a haprist is willing to do that much for only $75????? hm….

Participant
    Evangeline Williams on #167971

Maybe this harpist is still a student and just doesn’t know how much to charge.

tony-morosco on #167972

I would reply that I charge what I am worth, and if you have found another harpist to do the job that you are satisfied then you should hire them.

This is part of the reason I don’t do weddings (and haven’t in almost 10 years).

They are not worth the trouble. I would rather be a part time harpist who does not do weddings than a full time one who has to.

Participant
    Evangeline Williams on #167973

Quality harpist for $75?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Young Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.