unknown-user

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1,756 through 1,770 (of 5,570 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Things not to say to a non playing spouse #111281
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Look! L & H

    in reply to: Paraguayan Harp…. #163118
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I don’t play a Paraguayan harp

    in reply to: Music for Harp and Accordion #146612
    unknown-user
    Participant

    When doing your (google, yahoo, etc.) search, you may want to try putting harp and accordion in quotes, such as:

    “harp accordion” sheet music

    Once in the music websites, you may need to put them in quotes again in their own particular search engine.

    in reply to: Paraguayan Harp…. #163117
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thanks Cheryl, the books definitely look good, something i might be looking for!
    eva

    in reply to: The Worst Harp Player #111000
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I believe I have found the world’s worst recorded harpist. Her name is/was (unknown if she is living) Akhna Akhantenskaija, a Ruthenian harpist. She studied in the Academic College of the State Conservatory Institution of East Berlin, and was or is principal harpist with the Academic State Radio Symphony of East Berlin. Her LP, translated as “Artistry” appeared on the Monitor label, priced at $1.99 in 1975. One side was taken up with her solo transcription of Ravel’s Bolero, which was 22’45” long. The other side was the Variations on the theme of “Carnival of Venice” by Posse, Bochsa, Godefroid and modern composer, Aronchikl. His variations consisted of fox-trot, polka, sarabande and rumba, followed by a fugue and cadenza.

    Her harp had certainly never been regulated, and many of her strings were false. Her sense of rhythm was completely obliterated by her sense of rubato. Her dynamic range was from pp to mf, and mostly pp. She could play rather fast at times, and was very lugubrious at other times. She had a degree of passion evident, but not much else. She is my selection as the world’s worst harpist.

    in reply to: Debussy Danses Rantses #145963
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Has it been published then? I received obstructive answers when I inquired about it. That explains a lot.

    in reply to: The Worst Harp Player #110999
    unknown-user
    Participant

    No soap, radio!

    in reply to: Harp and Guitar Music? #111341
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Try other retailers.

    in reply to: Berlioz Symphonie Fastastique #111349
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I saw nothing about orchestration.

    in reply to: Berlioz Symphonie Fastastique #111348
    unknown-user
    Participant

    If you look at a score, it says Harpes I and Harpes II, not specifying how many, but definitely more than one. But if the tempo is too fastastique, it won’t necessarily help! He wrote about it in his memoirs, which are fun to read and illuminating. I’ll see if I can correct the article partway.

    in reply to: Paraguayan Harp…. #163115
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thanks Michael!
    I’ll deffinitally look at those sites,
    they look interesting,
    eva

    in reply to: Contemplation #166815
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thank you so much for your input!

    And Carl, right now I am playing on a Lyon and Healy 23

    in reply to: My compositions for harp #163106
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Well i will send you the midi on the mail soon… Anyway i did convert some of my midis into scores but this time i want some with more experiences and knowledge of harp writing and playing to help me. To see if everything is by the rules and fully playable…. if not, to little correct it how much is needed…
    Thanks and i’ll write soon … .

    in reply to: My compositions for harp #163105
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Just copy the link in the browser… But if you have a problem i will send the mp3 on your mail if you want…
    Anyway if you want to download the song you can use this as a log in on soundclick
    email: danilo@freemail.sk
    pass: guest

    in reply to: My compositions for harp #163104
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Fortunately, there are a number of programs that can convert midi into a score (Sibelius, Finale, etc).

Viewing 15 posts - 1,756 through 1,770 (of 5,570 total)