unknown-user

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1,771 through 1,785 (of 5,570 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: My compositions for harp #163101
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Well sadly nobody jet play this. Usually I all my work do on the computer,midi… So if anybody want to play this

    in reply to: Glissando’s!!! #166824
    unknown-user
    Participant

    thanks a bunch!

    in reply to: Debussy Danses Rantses #145961
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Did anyone hear this concert? If so, what was thought of this piece?

    in reply to: La Source or Aeolian Harp #111236
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Then they are both a hassle, man?

    in reply to: The best harp player #105464
    unknown-user
    Participant

    It is searchable. I saw some information somewhere on the ‘net. They did two recordings, probably in London. I think they appeared on more than one label. Here, I found it as a Westminster cassette tape. The tape has on it the Bax Elegiac Trio, Lavry Suite Concertante, and a trio by Voss.

    in reply to: Pedal noise, normal??? #111366
    unknown-user
    Participant

    That kind of sound is not the kind you should have to live with, and doesn’t sound like its seasonal, but rather, that something is slightly out of position or not smooth enough. I say it should be professionally looked at, which means possibly opening up that area, if that’s possible.

    I diagnosed a parallel problem on a Salvi harp, where there was a klunking sound in a particular pedal sequence. It was nothing in the bottom of

    in reply to: nylon #163177
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I have found out a bit more. Tynex incorporates other material into the nylon, you can look on the DuPont website. I imagine that could increase the weight a little. I am trying to pursue this further, but it isn’t easy.

    in reply to: Pedal noise, normal??? #111365
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hey Barbara

    Thanks for clarifying. :-) Pedal harps are so complicated…….but we’ll see what happens. I’ll check /that/ felt to see whats up with it. Thanks for the advice.

    If all else fails, I’ll take it to VHC. It has a 5 year warranty anyways. :-)

    in reply to: The most idiotic comments at gigs #145786
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Fairy, I’m in the same boat. My harp is more popular than I am here in my small Midwestern town. Many people come up to me almost speechless with astonishment at seeing and hearing the instrument. I consider myself on a mission to educate those in my area about the harp. And so I answer the price question, and I give my little talks about what the levers are for, and let anyone who is not stepping over my boundaries play the harp. I used to joke to my audiences about needing a husband to carry my harp but when someone volunteered, I stopped that!

    On another tack, I play the Irish whistles. I was holding my Copeland low whistle and a little girl chewing on a burrito walked up to me and asked if she could play the whistle. I clutched it to me and told her that whistles are like toothbrushes. You don’t share. She understood.

    in reply to: Harp Lever Extenders #163188
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Eeek, yeah, sorry about that Michael. I keep mentioning that! It really doesn’t make sense to put nice levers on it. Levers can be quite overpriced….

    I actually went back and forth with Mid-east about the levers. Mine didn’t give accurate half step raises…

    I talked to

    in reply to: Pedal noise, normal??? #111363
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hey Carl. The harp isn’t terribly small. It’s a few inches shorter than a semi-grand. The problem wasn’t there before but has now made it’s presence. If the slot felt is any thicker I won’t be able to move the pedal. :-)

    Overall it’s not really a problem. It’s only noticeable if I let the pedal go up by itself…. Which is bad if overdone…

    So I guide my pedals up, even quickly, and I don’t hear it.

    None of the discs hit eachother, I know that much. There are a few factors in all of this though. I have gas heating in my house, and it causes a very dry environment. The other factor is the wierd temperature changes. The room my harp is in is over the garage, so the floor area does stay much much cooler than ceiling area does.

    Since it’s the change of season, I could believe some noises be present, but I think after this week I will take it to VHC. It’s really hard to explain the noise it’s making.

    I’ll leave the rod adjustments up to them. They said if messed with too much it could affect the regulation as well. :-)

    Thanks for all of the tips!!

    in reply to: Pedal noise, normal??? #111360
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Well, I called VHC today. Since the harp has rods and not cables, 9 times out of 10 that’s not the problem. They said, this is the season where things change and possibly make noises. It sounds like nothing serious but if it continues the rest of the week… then to bring it in and they will diagnose the problem and fix it better at the location.

    Seems like it’s something in the neck or the discs….. something might’ve moved and is hitting something else. Also, the instrument is only a few weeks old now… very new.

    They said the problem might also fix itself when it adjusts to the season and temperature change.

    Well, we’ll see! :-)

    in reply to: Harp Lever Extenders #163186
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Oh and robinsons or loveland levers,(which ones i cant remember..) worked good on it. I also heard of someone replacing the dupont nylon strings with Robinson Harp strings. Apparently the sound came out even nicer!!

    in reply to: Harp Lever Extenders #163185
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Wow Michael, you sure put a lot of work into that!! I don’t know if I would’ve done so….

    I had the same harp. My levers weren’t as stiff as yours, but I’ve heard about that. Mine were just… very bad. The tiny metal bar that pinched the string, was crooked. In all of the octaves, every F# sounded different. LOL! I just didn’t want to replace all of the levers.

    However, the sounded grew a nice little pot belly on it, and the sound matured after a year. It sounded quite good.

    PS: I had sold that harp, and the woman who bought it uses it to play with a group at church! They started a lovely little group and she’s having a blast! The neck did crack on the instrument, but she found a book to fix it, and apparently she did fix it! :-)

    Goodluck with your levers and happy harping!

    in reply to: Pedal noise, normal??? #111356
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Oh and I put the harp on it’s side,(across the bed), and the noise is NOT coming from the pedal box at all… It sounds like it’s coming from the neck mostly, but it could be the column? Who knows……

Viewing 15 posts - 1,771 through 1,785 (of 5,570 total)